Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Iran is "a nuclear state" - Too defiant? Time to put it down? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    Key word highlighted.

What makes 'our' interests more important than the interests of Iran (which is to go nuclear and possibly make nuclear weapons)

The risks began with America and Britain deciding to start an illegal war in Iraq and a a was that will never be won in Afghanistan. Now there are US forces on the front door of Iran. There are US Warships pointing their guns straight at Iran. There are US Nuclear weapons pointing straight at Iran.

I think Iran has more of a right to feel at 'risk' than we do in the West. Judging by past US Presidents, they seem to like sending soldiers into other countries (and the majority of the time end up ruining that country) without second thoughts.

our interests are always more important to us.

i can see there is no joint "us" between us, and you are the best salesman for anti immigration policy i have met.

"illegal war" LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakko247)
    That's probably because we don't have heads of state going on live television proclaiming 'DEATH TO THE MIDDLE EAST'
    ...you dont watch much tv do u

ReputationRep:
    i doubt Nuclear war would take place. The countries know the risks of nuclear warfare on their civillians, and Ahmadinejad knows that it stands little chance against Israel, especially with the backing of the west.

Hes just playing the tough kid again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)

i can see there is no joint "us" between us, and you are the best salesman for anti immigration policy i have met.

"illegal war" LOL
    Yes the best salesman for anti-immigration policy having been born in England, lived here all my life, parents have lived here for 30 years, granddad lived here for about 50 years, speak English, pay taxes and don't get annoyed with people even though I have faced some racist remarks and bullying in my life because of being Asian.

I see what you mean indeed. I'm not good enough to be part of this country just because I feel that my interests do not lie with the state but rather to my fellow Muslims on this matter.

And yes... illegal war... what's so funny about that... internationally known as illegal. I'm sorry if you're not happy with the international definition about a legal/illegal war but you can go back to fairy land and live your wonderful life away from the rest of this world.

ReputationRep:

"illegal war" LOL
    I don't know what's hilarious, the war was and still remains illegal and not by millions of people around the world, but by the UN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BoxesAndBangles)
    He wouldn't easily wipe Israel of the map because then he'd have to get Palestine off the map.
    How does that make sense?
    He wants to wipe the Israeli state off the map...not the Israeli people.
    Why don't people try and find out the context of statements? :p:

He wants to take the Israeli state off the map and make it part of Palestine again, as many, many Arabs would agree with him... Plus Iran has previously put a two state solution on the table, and been ignored by the US for things like, umm...lets see...asking for the Security Council to consider it. That didn't show up much in Western media though.

(Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Regardless, I do not see why liberality demands blanket support for a backward people over an admittedly decadent capitalist hegemony. All of the above looks perfectly acceptable to me when one considers a plain choice, and essentially that is what the United States have done.

The U.S. are not perfect, but even an extensive economic and cultural empire of their making is not the worst possible outcome for the world. Politics is about practical choice.

Well, I daresay we'd be angry if another culture which considered itself superior to us decided to use military force or heavy sanctions, both of which heavily affecting civilians, in order to force us to change our ways and become better. Frankly, politics might be about practical choice but it should be practical choice for us, not for other nations.

I don't support the regime and it's oppressive to say the least, and I'd love to see the Green movement bring it down. But we would be the first one's to speak out against other countries being involved in our affairs, and we should offer others that right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    I see what you mean indeed. I'm not good enough to be part of this country just because I feel that my interests do not lie with the state but rather to my fellow Muslims on this matter.
    That's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    That's right.
    Oh right okay then... Just thought I'd look at other posts you've made on other threads. And first one I decided to check was your view on British culture.

Muslims cannot be British even if they are white Muslims (I assume you meant born in Britain).

No wonder you would say such a thing as you have in the post I have quoted.

Oh well... you can hold your own view, but the overwhelming majority would consider that I belong in this country in the same way that you do (even though it pains me to think that people like you even exist)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UGeNe)
    You can't ask one side to disarm, while the other is armed to the teeth.

Cold War proved that, I think.
    I agree with your principle, but unfortunately we have to face the reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    well done, you grasped it.
    you are as much an immigrant as the 1st gen you came from. its not only about location. if you arent us, you are them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I don't know what's hilarious, the war was and still remains illegal and not by millions of people around the world, but by the UN.
    war being illegal is a preposterous concept. aside from anything else, the UN holds no legal jurisdiction over our sovereign state, so we decide what is and is not illegal for us, not them.
    on another matter, a lot of wars are about laws and against the establishments that make them etc.if you are willing to go to war for something, you arent going to be bound by the legality of it.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Israel goes right into them and kill every one of them and then do the same with Palestine and take over the whole middle east and show who is boss.

(Original post by Keithzor)
    Hopefully Israel goes right into them and kill every one of them and then do the same with Palestine and take over the whole middle east and show who is boss.
    Yeah cos that would bring regional stability.

ReputationRep:
    well done, you grasped it.
    you are as much an immigrant as the 1st gen you came from. its not only about location. if you arent us, you are them.
    Well I'm glad I'm not on your side because your attitude sucks and personally I wouldn't want anything to do with you and those who are on 'your' side.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I hate this attitude aswell, every state should be entitled to develop nuclear weapons, not just "western" countries. Note: I in no way support the regime in Iran, however, I actually DO believe Ahmawhatever when he says he doesn't intend to develop weapons of mass destruction - I mean after all, Sadam Hussein was an absolutely horrible person, said a similar thing and was telling the truth.

ReputationRep:
    Iran isn’t enriching enough Uranium to create Nuclear weapons, this whole ‘OMG IRAN’ things has been in the news for YEARS now, It was the same under the Bush administration and Ahmadinajad personally sent letters to Bush to explain what was going on, after the second attempt he gave up and tried after Obama was elected before the end of the Bush administration, yet, he was unsuccessful. Iran has opted to export their Uranium but, America sees that ‘suspicious’ despite initially setting up the proposal. Iran’s current plan of enriching the Uranium to 20% is no way near the 90% needed to create Nuclear weapons. Also, if America was so worried about the ‘Nuclear threat’ why start handing out weapons to neighbouring countries that oppose Iran??

It’s the same things that happened with Iraq and Afghanistan – see a country that has oil, possibly, go in, tell your people you’re doing it for international safety, get what you want, stage a mock trial if it goes bad, and pray that civilians in your country have been subjected to enough government propaganda to believe it was for the oppressed people in that country.

Will we never learn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    Well I'm glad I'm not on your side because your attitude sucks and personally I wouldn't want anything to do with you and those who are on 'your' side.
    my side is the side of the country you live in and claim to be part of.
    you side against us, instead choosing to back the dodgy ***** in the deserts from whence you came. yet you still claim you are as british as i.
    why dont you **** off back there if you dont like us? if you love and side with your fellow moslems first, why not return to where they are most prevalent?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, some proper idiots in here

There's nothing wrong with Iran.

ReputationRep:
    my side is the side of the country you live in and claim to be part of.
    you side against us, instead choosing to back the dodgy ***** in the deserts from whence you came. yet you still claim you are as british as i.
    why dont you **** off back there if you dont like us? if you love and side with your fellow moslems first, why not return to where they are most prevalent?
    So what about some of the other British people on here who have no problem with Iran enriching Uranium. Doubt that all of them are 'moslems' (it's Muslims idiot) and from a family that has migrant roots.

to be honest, your post is so terrible that it makes me think you're having a laugh. Which maybe you are.... I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    So what about some of the other British people on here who have no problem with Iran enriching Uranium. Doubt that all of them are 'moslems' (it's Muslims idiot) and from a family that has migrant roots.

to be honest, your post is so terrible that it makes me think you're having a laugh. Which maybe you are.... I don't know.
    if i may quote you
    "I feel that my interests do not lie with the state but rather to my fellow Muslims on this matter. "
    not all of them are. but you are. neither will anyone else openly say they side with, whether you agree with stopping them or not, a group that is most certainly not us, against us.

wiki: It is sometimes transliterated "Moslem". idiot, dont even know what your own bunch are called

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.