Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm hoping to apply next year, and I have quite a few extra curricular activities, but I'm not sure how I'd display teamwork and leadership, as I know they're both quite important?
    Any ideas on activities I could do?
    Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    Well what ones have you done? Most things probably show some qualities about you. Stuff like sports teams, duke of ed, show teamwork. Leadership could be being Captain of a team, or Prefect, or something like that, or just a time in another activity when you had to take the initiative and direct others.

ReputationRep:
    I never really understood why people always try and show both teamwork and leadership. The two rarely go hand in hand. Leaders are often terrible at working in a team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    I never really understood why people always try and show both teamwork and leadership. The two rarely go hand in hand. Leaders are often terrible at working in a team.
    But presumably doctors need to have both leadership and teamwork skills since at times they may lead a team whilst at other times they may just be a team member.

Having a bit of trouble with this as well, don't really do sports so I dunno how to show these skills either.

ReputationRep:
    In school we have Cafe Sci. I'm on the board so it involves working a team while sometimes taking the lead. Maybe think about setting one up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Well I presume you have to be able to do both. There's a time for leadership and a time for being a "team member".

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.