Turn on thread page Beta

I just ate 1101 calories in one go, will anything happen? watch

ReputationRep:
    Giant retrograde contraction!

ReputationRep:
    No, nothing will happen. You can quite easily eat well over the RDA in kcals in a singles meal, especially if you go to somewhere like pizza hut (in some pizzas there are 500 kcals per slice!)

It is obviously not good for you if you are eating a pasty for each meal or are eating a ridiculous amount of kcals per meal, and you are doing this every day. But yeah eating that amount in one go occasionally is not going to hurt you, unless perhaps you are diabetic or hyperglycemic or something similar, then perhaps something may happen.

ReputationRep:
    I've done worse, you just feel a bit crap and fat. Nothing will serious will happen, just don't do it too often

ReputationRep:
    Yes. The world is going to explode. Run.

ReputationRep:
    19 slices of pizza or a all you can chinese im sure ive managed more than 1000 calories, man up you puss

ReputationRep:
    lol

I hardly ever eat meals containing less than 1101 kcal, since I usually only eat one or two times a day. Nothing has happened yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toblerone93)
    I'm surprised he hasn't already.
    Me too! That many calories!

But in all honesty, absolutely cannot stand calorie counting in general - just :nn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duckzilla)
    I know this may seem a stupid question but will anything happen? I cooked a pasty that I thought had 367 calories in it but it turns out that was per 100g, the pasty was 300g so I ate 1101 calories.
    OH GOD YOU ATE LESS THAN A MCDONALDS MEAL, OH GOD YOU'RE GONNA DIE.

:rolleyes: x a million

ReputationRep:
    It goes to your thighs..... and then you explode :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Do not stay sit down or go to sleep for the next 3 days - if you do you'll find you wont be able to get back up - I suggest you start running NOW to start burning off those calories. Tut tut - you should have been more careful

ReputationRep:
    Guys I think they mean the number 1101 not the actual (hardly) large amount.

ReputationRep:
    bah. go to burgerking, buy an extra large super size bacon double cheeseburger meal and then ask again; after you've gotten serious. With super size onion rings. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    That sounds about how much I have for lunch on a regular basis :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duckzilla)
    I know this may seem a stupid question but will anything happen? I cooked a pasty that I thought had 367 calories in it but it turns out that was per 100g, the pasty was 300g so I ate 1101 calories.

tbh you should be having about that for dinner (2500 calories per day for a male, call breakfast 500, 1000 for lunch, 1000 for dinner)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samwelln)
    one testicle will eat the other
    Hahahaha brilliant

ReputationRep:
    You'll get pregnant with food baby.

ReputationRep:
    1101 is really not that bad at all You can easily eat 5000 calories worth of food in one go and be fine. During my bulimic days, a 10.000 calorie binge was not unusual. Calories add up much quicker than you'd think!

Whether your stomach gets upset depends on the weight and quantity of the food, not so much on the calories.

ReputationRep:
    that amount of energy being consumed will cause you to explode. get to Aand E

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    Edit: The Venti White chocolate Mocha Frappuccino is obscene... 550 calories in a drink... my word.
    Not many people could drink that on a regular basis though. After my A levels finished I had a medium chocolate frappuccino and I had indigestion for about a week.

All the milk and chocolate is filling enough as well.

ReputationRep:
    During an eating competition at Pizza hut with my friends, I eaten 16 slices of buffet pizza, of which each averaged 250 calories, that makes a total of 4000 calories in one go (I only weigh 11 stone!). One of my friends managed 21 slices (over 5000 calories!) - and he's thin too. We've done 3 of these competitions and from those I'm up to a total of 46. I think to be honest that you're going to be fine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.