Turn on thread page Beta

Experiences with ASOS/Lipsy and the likes? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm an internet shopping virgin

And I was just wanting some reviews on the ASOS/Lipsy types of website.

I've seen a few dresses I really like on ASOS but I'm wondering what the deal is with returns? Do you have to pay postage return? is postage expensive to have them shipped to you? I'm just wondering what the low down is really, asking if they're worth it?

Thanks all +REP availableeeee :rolleyes: xxx

ReputationRep:
    I can't say for any others but my experience with ASOS is generally great. Returns are free if you use the prepaid label they provide and drop it into your post office, or you can pay £2 (I think) and have it collected from your door by a courier, and it takes no more than two weeks for the money to go back into your account. Initial postage varies on how quickly you want it, but for 3-5 days you only have to pay £2. Order over a certain amount and you get it for free, also if you order in the next 19 minutes you get free next day delivery as they have a special promotion on today.

Today's free delivery code: FREEONTHURS

I think they have a general 20% off promotion at the moment, the code is something like: ASOSINSTYLE; not sure if that's correct but it's definitely on another thread here somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer to order from Littlewoods online because all of their returns are free, shipping is free unless you want it delivered on a particular day and i know i can trust the site. All you have to do to return items is stick the little form they send on the front, tape the bag up and away you go I think it's worth having a look to see if you like anything.

Happy shopping x

ReputationRep:
    I love ASOS! I bought a dress from there,looked exactly like it did online, arrived quickly and was cheap too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irish_4_life)
    I'm an internet shopping virgin

And I was just wanting some reviews on the ASOS/Lipsy types of website.

I've seen a few dresses I really like on ASOS but I'm wondering what the deal is with returns? Do you have to pay postage return? is postage expensive to have them shipped to you? I'm just wondering what the low down is really, asking if they're worth it?

Thanks all +REP availableeeee :rolleyes: xxx
    I recommend ASOS 110%. They often have promotional discount codes floating around meaning you can get 10-25% off sometimes. Their delivery is fast and reliable, and returning things is very easy :yy:

ReputationRep:
    ASOS is great with returns/delivery etc.! As DaveParlour said, return shipping is free and they email you when they've received your item- I'm currently exchanging a ring for a smaller size and they've been great keeping me updated.

ReputationRep:
    Asos are great I buy from there all the time. If you sign up for their magazine they sent you a discount code with it. Postage is from £2 and they are really quick. Returns are free. make sure you have a look in the sale section to sometimes you can get some really good bargains.

ReputationRep:
    ASOS is great but Lipsy is terrible. I had a really bad experience with Lipsy after Xmas - ordered 2 dresses but they only sent me one - I had to pay for shipping and also had to pay to return the one dress they did send as it didn't fit my boobs in! Terrible service. Shop ASOS :yes: xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.