Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need tips on quantative/qualitative/evaluative coursework.
    I don't know why but I keep doing really bad in these!
    I got 10/15 for my quantative -first try, shockingly 5/15 (although everybody did equally bad in my class) for my evaluative in the first try and 4/10 for two tries on qualitative, although my teacher is giving us a third chance.

So, any tips? advice? I mean do really well in the exams, but I suck at these practicals. My target is an A, so I really need to get at least 34/40 for an A.

Help!

ReputationRep:
    my friend you are not the only one. I need 36 our of 40

have you done the qualitative coursework on rates of reactions (how fast?). if yea, plz tell me what's on it. i really need the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gagannn_)
    I need tips on quantative/qualitative/evaluative coursework.
    I don't know why but I keep doing really bad in these!
    I got 10/15 for my quantative -first try, shockingly 5/15 (although everybody did equally bad in my class) for my evaluative in the first try and 4/10 for two tries on qualitative, although my teacher is giving us a third chance.

So, any tips? advice? I mean do really well in the exams, but I suck at these practicals. My target is an A, so I really need to get at least 34/40 for an A.

Help!
    know your test for halides, cations, anions, gases - identification from positive tests. know colour change or formation of ppt, effervescence.

Observations are very important, write them down, so you can compare to other observations you have.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody done the water of crystallisation one? Its meant to be really hard. Please tell me what the questions are and what to revise !! I have done one evaluative (8/15) and one qualitative (3/10).. PLEASE. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardz21)
    Has anybody done the water of crystallisation one? Its meant to be really hard. Please tell me what the questions are and what to revise !! I have done one evaluative (8/15) and one qualitative (3/10).. PLEASE. thanks
    You are going to suffer a lot in uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shengoc)
    You are going to suffer a lot in uni!
    if i didnt ask, then there would be no chance of me getting to university really. But i understand where you are coming from, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm revising for one of the qualative papers, the one with 4 solutions being NaCl, KI, HCl, and HNO3. Does any1 know how they react with Na2CO3? Thanks in advance

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.