Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It was my future flatmate and current friend's birthday yesterday and I had no idea! So I need to get her a present and post it to her pronto!

Thing is, we don't know each other terribly well (I only met her in August) and so I need your help in finding something lovely but quite generic that she'll love for less than £15 ideally. Any real suggestions welcome!

I already bought her a little tea-filtering set thing as I do know that she loves tea. I also know she loves ASOS, Paperchase and pretty things!

Thanks for your help, I will rep those who produce good ideas!

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Get a little gift bag, and put in a phone sock, a lipgloss, a phone charm, a key ring and a pair of socks.
    If you shop smartly, you will be able to get all these or a few for under £15

I do this for all of my friends because it's nice to get little pretty things

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    It was my future flatmate and current friend's birthday yesterday and I had no idea! So I need to get her a present and post it to her pronto!

Thing is, we don't know each other terribly well (I only met her in August) and so I need your help in finding something lovely but quite generic that she'll love for less than £15 ideally. Any real suggestions welcome!

I already bought her a little tea-filtering set thing as I do know that she loves tea. I also know she loves ASOS, Paperchase and pretty things!

xxxx
    Ooo pretty things like what?

Could you find something pretty for her kitchen - if she cooks, lounge - if it's a bit bare, bedroom - if she has any particular style faves?

What about a plant? Some lovely ones are sarting to flower at the monent M&S do lovely little pretty things for around £10. Plus they last

Paperchase do some lovely things :yes: Hve you looked in there? You might see something perfect. Other than that, you could get her something that will fit in with what she's doing at the moment. Folders/ stationary if she's at uni, bags/ diaries if she's working...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clioashlee)
    Get a little gift bag, and put in a phone sock, a lipgloss, a phone charm, a key ring and a pair of socks.

xx
    Oooo I did something similar to my friend but instead I put in - a small bottle of her fave wine, a personalised glass, some really cute socks, a mini diary and a piece of jewellery. It cost less than £15

ReputationRep:
    there is many things you can buy, jewellery and chocolate, snarf, or if you not sure gift card, will do

(Original post by blinkbelle)

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    Oooo I did something similar to my friend but instead I put in - a small bottle of her fave wine, a personalised glass, some really cute socks, a mini diary and a piece of jewellery. It cost less than £15

Amfg a small bottle of wine! Never though of that one =D

ReputationRep:
    Amfg a small bottle of wine! Never though of that one =D
    I saw it in tescos and knew it was her fave, that's when I actually thought of the 'bag of minis' idea

Everyones different so this idea is great for anyone as it's so adaptable

ReputationRep:

xx
    Great idea! Thanks

Ooo pretty things like what?

Could you find something pretty for her kitchen - if she cooks, lounge - if it's a bit bare, bedroom - if she has any particular style faves?

What about a plant? Some lovely ones are sarting to flower at the monent M&S do lovely little pretty things for around £10. Plus they last

Paperchase do some lovely things :yes: Hve you looked in there? You might see something perfect. Other than that, you could get her something that will fit in with what she's doing at the moment. Folders/ stationary if she's at uni, bags/ diaries if she's working...
    She's living in a bedsit atm and she doesn't cook so any 'home' items wouldn't really be suitable. A plant would be great but its not really post-able and I don't know when the next time I'll be seeing her is!

Love your idea here though; she loves wine so might get her a mini bottle of that and some other bits and pieces

Thanks for the ideas so far! xxx

ReputationRep:
    How about a basket wrapped with pink wrapping paper and a bowe and put a girly drink like a bottle of baileys and then a box of chocolates and sum lil bits and bobs from primarni! cant go wrong girl! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.