Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I tend to walk inwards a bit (can't think of a better way to describe it). Basically, this means my trainers always wear more on the insides on the heel... if the heel's really thin I always end up walking on the side of it. Does anyone else have this problem and if so what sort of trainers do you buy to sort it out? I'm currently wearing some jogging trainers which have a really thick, cushioned sole but they look pretty wack.

ReputationRep:
    I walk with my feet turned out a bit, so the outside of my heels wear out first. I have never considered getting different shoes, I just talked to my physical therapist because about it, I have severely injured knees, and she is helping me fix how I walk.
    Try consciously walking properly and see if you can incorporate this into your normal walking!

ReputationRep:
    It's not the shoes it's your posture and gait, sort it out man.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to know how much of a problem this actually is. My left foot is absolutely dire, a few of my high heel shoes wear so much away they don't even stand up, so I sometimes worry if it's bad for my foot.

Do you mean you can buy shoes that fix it? Or you just want ones that won't wear away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    It's not the shoes it's your posture and gait, sort it out man.
    It's jsut how I walk. I walk very quickly so there isnt much of a gap between my feet if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    I would love to know how much of a problem this actually is. My left foot is absolutely dire, a few of my high heel shoes wear so much away they don't even stand up, so I sometimes worry if it's bad for my foot.

Do you mean you can buy shoes that fix it? Or you just want ones that won't wear away?
    I just mean ones that won't end twisted in after a few weeks. I guess the answer is some kind of thick soles. Just curious to see what everyone else does who has this problem!

ReputationRep:
    you need to go to a shoe shop and get them to recommend you a pair of insoles for your type of foot, they can be steep enough though.

ReputationRep:
    I have exactly the same problem as you, but I can't really help it. I don't really notice much now, and my shoes wear down, but i'm not going to change what type I wear

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.