Turn on thread page Beta

White businessmen forced to give blacks 51% controlling interest in their firms watch

ReputationRep:
    White business executives in Zimbabwe will be forced to ensure that blacks have a 51-per-cent controlling interest in their companies within the next five years, according to a draconian new law published Tuesday.

The so-called "Indigenisation and Economic Empowerment" regulations say that by mid-April, all businesses have to submit a form detailing the racial composition of their current shareholding to the government. Based on the declaration, the government would assess how much of the company's shareholding had to be "ceded" to "indigenous Zimbabweans."

Any business missing the deadline faces a maximum penalty of five years in jail, according to the regulations.

A yet-to-be-named "minister of indigenisation" would keep a list of candidates to whom shares could be ceded.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...#ixzz0f9s7fx1m
    You won't hear about this from the corporate news, ask why.

ReputationRep:
    Is that Alan Partridge as your dp?

ReputationRep:
    I am against this

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were all for indigenous supremacy kickflip? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Haha! Exactly this.

ReputationRep:
    zimbabwe is a messed up country and I could not care less about it.

ReputationRep:
    If this were happening here to the 'indigenous' Caucasians, you'd probably be happy, Kickflip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Owned.

If it were in Britain I'd be angry, but as it is in Africa it is really up to them. In fact I'm for it because white people go there, take their stuff then leave so why shouldn't they look after their own? Besides, why would you want a business in Africa unless it is about taking their Oil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    Because Zimbabwe is well known to be already incredibly ****** up and so people have lost interest? It is all about Haiti and Honduras now

ReputationRep:
    In Zimbabwe... Don't really know what one would expect to happen with Mugabe in charge..

ReputationRep:
    If you support the BNP then you must surely support this - returning economic power to the indigienous population is kind of the BNPs deal isn't it?

Oh wait no, you're just racist.

ReputationRep:
    See how everybody shrugs and says Zimbabwe is messed up things like that happen there or you would do the same. You make me puke, you're on their side.

ReputationRep:
    Haha OP is owned. Hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    See how everybody shrugs and says Zimbabwe is messed up things like that happen there or you would do the same. You make me puke, you're on their side.
    trading places?

ReputationRep:
    See how everybody shrugs and says Zimbabwe is messed up things like that happen there. You make me puke.
    Actually, most posters in this thread remarked on the apparent hypocrisy of your position. Surely if you're all for indigenous supremacy this should be right up your alley?

ReputationRep:
    Who cares. We should stop aid there if we give it. Let them starve.

ReputationRep:
    You mean like this
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7009620.ece
    Mugabe and the BNP are two sides of the same coin

ReputationRep:
    You asked a specific question, why isn't this reported in the corporate news? You got the answer, the harsh reality that no one gives a **** because it's already mucked up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Who cares. We should stop aid there if we give it. Let them starve.
    Innocent Zimbabweans should suffer for the actions of their tyrannical government?

ReputationRep:
    Own3d.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.