Turn on thread page Beta

White businessmen forced to give blacks 51% controlling interest in their firms watch

ReputationRep:
    I was always fairly sure that Kickflip was a moron...thanks to this thread and the Pwnage contained herein, I think I can rest safe in the knowledge that I was correct :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I care too much for anything that happens in Zimbabwe. They're run by a fascist dictator for whom nobody can be bothered to forcibly remove, thus making situations like this less than suprising in the circumstances. So what point are you trying to make OP exactly? :eyeball:

Other than "racism seems to only cut one way init" or any other BNP-approved propaganda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Zim is more technically in a mess because of the legacy of colonialism. If we had never gone in and "civilised" the place, then Zimbabwe would be a proud independent, ethnically homogeneous nation - you know, the type you like.

Zimbabwe, like all colonies, has had to really struggle to adapt it's economy from a colonial one supplying a single central power a few thousand miles away, to an independent one that provides a range of goods and services for the people who live there. Zimbabwe was the breadbasket of Africa because the British needed a reliable source of Western foods to support their administration and culture across British Africa. It's economy was entirely geared for exporting crops and cattle, and very little else.

Give Zimbabwe time to find it's feet. I don't like Mugabe for some policy areas, and I completely disapprove of the violence he's instigated, but to some extent he is right to bash us for screwing up his country in the first place.
    I'm sorry, you ordinarily make really good posts, but this was absolutely nonsense. Zim is a mess because of the legacy of DECOLONISATION. I'm sure you know about UDI and 1965 and the embargo. Rhodesia was the strongest economy in Africa next to South Africa because of how it had to diversify under the embargo. Rhodesia diversified magnificently in its years of isolation from a state that could only export food to Africa into a diverse and reasonably modern economy. Of course, that's all gone to **** now.

Rhodesia-Zimbabwe had free and fair elections (declared by the UN) in which a black minister, Abel Muzorewa was elected. ZANU and ZAPU were not allowed to take part. Rhodesian Front was defeated by black voters without Mugabe. Yet Britain wouldn't recognise the elections because Mugabe's AKM toting terrorists weren't allowed to stand.

Come Zimbabwe and that has all turned to ruin because Britain installed their Communist buddy Robert Mugabe. We were warned back in '65 that letting people like him in to power in Africa would lead to misery for all. Should have listened, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    So it's justified to persecute the white people in Zimbabwe because of their association with the UK? Because I hope you realise that many white people currently living in Zimbabwe were born after it gained its independance, and therefore paid no contribution to any wrongdoing instigated by the UK? So you're thus saying that people should be punished for the crimes of others, simply by association with them?

That's akin to me arguing that all of X's children should be persecuted because of X's evil actions (repace X with any nasty character you can think of).
    Please point out exactly where I said that the persecution of whites in Zimbabwe is OK?

Damn straight you can't.

ReputationRep:
    dat is racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    I'm sorry, you ordinarily make really good posts, but this was absolutely nonsense. Zim is a mess because of the legacy of DECOLONISATION. I'm sure you know about UDI and 1965 and the embargo. Rhodesia was the strongest economy in Africa next to South Africa because of how it had to diversify under the embargo. Rhodesia diversified magnificently in its years of isolation from a state that could only export food to Africa into a diverse and reasonably modern economy. Of course, that's all gone to **** now.

Rhodesia-Zimbabwe had free and fair elections (declared by the UN) in which a black minister, Abel Muzorewa was elected. ZANU and ZAPU were not allowed to take part. Rhodesian Front was defeated by black voters without Mugabe. Yet Britain wouldn't recognise the elections because Mugabe's AKM toting terrorists weren't allowed to stand.

Come Zimbabwe and that has all turned to ruin because Britain installed their Communist buddy Robert Mugabe. We were warned back in '65 that letting people like him in to power in Africa would lead to misery for all. Should have listened, tbh.
    In truth, my Zim history is fairly sketchy. Thought I could get away with applying a bog-standard colonialism argument to it. Turns out I'm talking out of my arse

Thanks for pointing that out though, mate.

/Goes to read up on Zimbabwe

ReputationRep:
    Not surprising, I thought they'd already all but exterminated white people in Zimbabwe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    X
    I'm sure if you asked people on here if they think people should be chosen on merit or race, most would opt for the former.

You have a link called "What is ethnonationalism?" in your sig. Can you not just admit you're a hypocrite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good Apollo)
    :confused:

By "bash us" I assumed you were talking about the subject of this whole thread (that white people are being persecuated in Zimbabwe by the imposition of a 51% black interest law), but if that's not the case, then I hope you can understand why I made that mistake.

I'd like to know what exactly you did mean by "bash us", though.
    By "bash us", I meant Mugabe's constant verbal bashing of the British as the puppeteers behind Zimbabwe's current situation. To some extent, I think that's justified based on history, but not only has Britain been fairly uninterested in Zimbabwe for 30 years now, Mugabe has also been playing that old line for far too long. It's 3 decades later - he has to accept some responsibility sooner or later.

Also, sorry for getting slightly tetchy in the last post :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    dat is racist
    aaah! have you gone crazy? you're now a guy and shizzle...and your sig scares me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    In truth, my Zim history is fairly sketchy. Thought I could get away with applying a bog-standard colonialism argument to it. Turns out I'm talking out of my arse

Thanks for pointing that out though, mate.

/Goes to read up on Zimbabwe
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4&postcount=67

ReputationRep:
    Their country, they can do as they please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobo1234)
    aaah! have you gone crazy? you're now a guy and shizzle...and your sig scares me
    I'm sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    I'm sorry
    Ok that's better. I asked you a question on you're strange site by the way...and no it wasn't the anal tampon one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Owned.

If it were in Britain I'd be angry, but as it is in Africa it is really up to them. In fact I'm for it because white people go there, take their stuff then leave so why shouldn't they look after their own? Besides, why would you want a business in Africa unless it is about taking their Oil?
    Black people come here, take stuff and leave too .

ReputationRep:
    51% of the shares in a Zimbabwean company? Damn they must have lost out on a whole 50p.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)
    Black people come here, take stuff and leave too .
    I know, but say anything like that on TSR and you'll get flamed for being racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    You won't hear about this from the corporate news, ask why.
    exactily.

I'm OK with them doing it actually, because I think we should adopt a similar approach in this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    exactily.

I'm OK with them doing it actually, because I think we should adopt a similar approach in this country.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyBoy123)
    If you support the BNP then you must surely support this - returning economic power to the indigienous population is kind of the BNPs deal isn't it?

Oh wait no, you're just racist.
    lol, you beat me to it...

btw kickflip, anyone with even half the neg rep and notorioty as you isn't taken seriously on small issues, why do you think thread you make will ever be anything more than people ****ging you off?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.