Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

White businessmen forced to give blacks 51% controlling interest in their firms watch

ReputationRep:
    People seem to be under the impression that aid consists in throwing money at whoever's running the government. There are ways for us to help NGOs get assistance to the people who actually need it, not least in putting pressure on governments to permit entry of aid (a la the Sudan) or even providing forces (most likely UN peacekeeping forces are the only ones with enough legitimacy to do this) to prevent the government from intimidating or blocking charitable access to their populations. The latter clearly violates the sovereignty of the state in question but there is little question that Mugabe's regime is a failed state anyway. In my opinion when governments do block the access of aid to their populations (a la the Sudan, where it was as part of a concerted genocide) it constitutes a crime against humanity and thus in principle legitimises forced intervention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Wow, this is too easy, you still didnt read my original post did you? Then you quote the Australian, which then legitimizes one of the most violent of the Anglo-European regimes. All were fed under Smith? Not even British noblemen would lie like that. Your fantastical ignorance is beginning to border upon outright fairy tale. Unemployment in South Africa hovers at about 25%, high, but dont give me that ********. Its no where near fifty percent.
    Yes, everybody was fed under Smith or at least the food was available. That’s what I have read and what the people I know have told me, no fairytale. Official figures have poverty at 25% but several international NGO's put the figure in-between 40% & 50%. I quoted the Australian because it was the only paper I could find which had done what he had done. Direct quotes from Smith, reporting from the man who was actually there. I have no reason to dispute the information in that paper considering what else I have read, Smith was a good man.

How about investigating the Lancaster House Agreement, the dozen or more phases, the vetoed UN security council call for Mugabe to stand in the ICC, the various sanctions imposed by the IMF. I provide facts and you provide out of date opinions of former imperialist propagators unhappy that they have lost their free ticket to exploitation of an entire continent.
    I have, and fail too see what your getting at. Mugabe is nothing more than a tyrant and is hated by most of his country, more so than Smith. He and his extremists were a minority who used force to win dodgy elections. He has wrecked a once prosperous nation by his own stupidity. The Whites still own large chunks of Africa, and the rest of it is being bought up by the Chinese. Until the Africans sort out there petty tribal differences and get over the whole ‘whites cause all our problems’ thing they won’t be able to sort out the mess of a continent.

How about taking a trip to South Africa and seeing it for yourself, do yourself a favor instead of basking in your ignorance. An educational gap and the ghettoisation of entire ethnic groups, something the Apartheid government created in the first place wont be wiped away over night. Even if the ANC was removed from power, what the flying **** would it be replaced with?
    See what? The poverty, the violence, the increasing wage gap, the corruption?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    You won't hear about this from the corporate news, ask why.
    I'm no expert, but I think that is something to do with the media (and people in general) not really giving a **** about Africa 'News Today: More ******-up-ness in <insert african country here>' or more specifically 'News Today: Mugabe seems to have an incredible dislike of white people, in fact he's downright racist' - yeah not a lot of people are going to be 'OMGing' out loud if they read/hear any of that.

(Original post by Kickflip)
    Listen to you white-hating *****. The Obama Youth, self-hating airhead white liberal cowards. Go back to your televisions and blow your brains out. Get your "bong" out, do us all a favour and go **** yourselves up even more than you have already.
    Part of me wants you to have my babies - but mostly i'm against the idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    I am against this
    too bad, you can't anything about it

ReputationRep:
    Kickflip crossed the line from amusingly bigotted and worthless to hilariously paranoid and hysterical. Thanks (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baz1990)
    zimbabwe is a messed up country and I could not care less about it.
    good, i'm sure they don't care about you either, so all is good in the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    Well if they are doing it then we should
    It won't work.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.