Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...is-beaten.html

Yes it is The Sun but still the story itself is pretty horrific, what is the point in having guards, if they don't guard?

Warning: The video is pretty brutal

ReputationRep:
    How horrid

ReputationRep:
    Dude no body wants to get between two girls fighting, trust me ive been there and i nearly lost a corn row

ReputationRep:
    Wtf were the guards doing? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Jesus. Didn't bother reading it but watched the video. They just stand there, even as the girl is ******* stamping on her head. One of the guards seems to be telling her to back off but shouldn't they at least try and stop her?! She even comes back for one more kick when the guards are all standing curiously around the poor girl's body! That's disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    It really is no wonder why people think they can get away with anything.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of find it most shocking that they're defending their actions by hiding behind their job descriptions, as if the fact that they were acting exactly in the perameters of their job excuses that they just stood there and watched. What happened to having obligations simply as another human being?

ReputationRep:
    What horrible people!

ReputationRep:
    This is what happens when a legal system, over run with left wing do-gooders, evolves to blame game pedantry and loses all common sense.

ReputationRep:
    As much as that sucks for the one that got owned things like this always make me feel like a better person than most as I would have defended her without thinking.

/tuff

Seriously though, I would. I've been in hospital twice due to my knightly chivalry.

ReputationRep:
    Why did this happen- I don't want to open the link it might slow things down...

ReputationRep:
    Its America, if they intervene then they leave themselves open to lawsuits. Common sense left that island many years ago.

ReputationRep:
    lol @ the guy who steals her bag.

ReputationRep:
    This was in America btw before people start saying "broken Britain" etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    I kind of find it most shocking that they're defending their actions by hiding behind their job descriptions, as if the fact that they were acting exactly in the perameters of their job excuses that they just stood there and watched. What happened to having obligations simply as another human being?
    They can hide behind their job descriptions

Maybe they are horrid humans but then so are all the other standers by I guess

The only advantage the security people have is that maybe people think they have auhtority - but how many here would risk getting knifed to help a stanger if it wasn't their job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveParlour)
    This is what happens when a legal system, over run with left wing do-gooders, evolves to blame game pedantry and loses all common sense.
    which system?

ReputationRep:
    It's not their job. They are paid to observe and phone 999. There was a gang involved. If these guards had got involved they may have risked getting hurt too. They have families. They're not paid enough for that sort of thing.

I would have reacted in the same manner as the guards. They're NOT policemen.

ReputationRep:
    ****...I mean seriously what.the.hell? Surely one of them could have just punched that girl in the face and knocked her the **** out? I mean they didn't exactly look like a scrawny bunch of blokes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heidigirl)
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    which system?
    The American civil law system, that means if the guards intervened any complaints about breach of contract would probably be upheld in a court of law when common sense, and common human decency would suggest they should have intervened.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.