Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "Three security guards watched a group of teens punch, kick and rob a 15-year-old girl in the downtown Seattle Metro bus tunnel without intervening. Security video shows the guards call for help on their radios, but they don't go to the aid of the girl even as she is being kicked in the head. A dispute involving a group of 10 teens apparently started inside a department store the evening of Jan. 28 and moved to the bus tunnel at Westlake Station, where the girl was attacked. KING-TV reports: The guards are not trained police officers or Metro Transit employees. They're contract workers from Olympic Security Services out of Tukwila. According to their contract, the guards are to "observe and report" problems, not to get involved. Metro Transit General Manager Kevin Desmond says that policy is now out of date."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobo1234)
    ****...I mean seriously what.the.hell? Surely one of them could have just punched that girl in the face and knocked her the **** out? I mean they didn't exactly look like a scrawny bunch of blokes...
    Yes and then the guard can lose their job and be unable to pay the bills. As well as risking getting attacked by the 5+ males that the female attacker was with. Bright people on here...

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt have done anything either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Yes and then the guard can lose their job and be unable to pay the bills. As well as risking getting attacked by the 5+ males that the female attacker was with. Bright people on here...
    Yeah but...oh I don't really know where I'm going with this. I reckon everyone should just get guns and shoot at anyone beating anyone else up. Anarchy ftw!

ReputationRep:
    Cowards. Any ordinary person who is able should help in those circumstances, but people who present themselves as guarding the public and providing a safe place for people to go to if they're being attacked are under an even greater moral obligation to assist.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.