Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Baisically we're having an unnecessary extension done, and my dad's doing all the work, so there's no real rush. Today my mum told me that they're going to be taking my window out and building a wall right in the middle of my exams, so I asked her if she could compromise and start the downstairs bit first..you can guess the response, her reason being the rubble would fall downstairs, which is fair enough. My parents know however that I can't read properly with any sort of noise (which i don't think is helped by my dyslexia) so I would've expected atleast some sort of sympahy if nothing else, but instead i just get shouted at for being selfish.This whole thing just makes me feel completely worthless, surely if they cared they wouldn't be doing this and would wait a month until after my exams? I can just see me getting crap results and being all stressed out, it's like they don't want me to achieve anything.
    Just wondering if anyone else feels the same or has any helpful suggestions..

As much as you don't like it, they seem set in thier ways, and living in their house, you have to oblige.

Living through an extension isn't too bad, I've done it twice.

I guess youre going to have to visit the library, got to friends houses, and generally stay out of the way during exams. Last minute cramming would be unaffected surely, they won't be building in the evening.

Good luck, I know its difficult, bit I know that it can be done.

Study at the library?

Go to a library and stop being so whiny. It's their house and their extension.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.