Turn on thread page Beta

-- Opinions On My New Routine Xd watch

Well im 18 year old male and about 15 stone. Im quite chunky like and im erally tryin to get lean and gain mucle aswelll

For all my resistance training I do 3/4 sets of 8 reps except abs where i do more like 15-20 reps

Monday -
    2 Sets Peck Deck, 2 Sets Bench(weak), 4 Sets on the ab machine, 2 Sets on my Delts, 2 sets on Shoulder Press, 2 Sets Incline Chest Press + 5 Minute Cycle(will increase when fitness imrpoves)

Tuesday -
    2 Sets Skullcrushers, 2 Sets tricep pushdowns, 2 Sets bicep curls(dumbell), 2 sets bicep curl(cable), 4 sets lat pull, 4 Sets Hamstrings + 5 Minute Cycle(will increase when fitness imrpoves)

Wednesday -
    Tennis with mates after schoool about 2 hours, casual and not intense

Thursday -
    2 Sets Peck Deck, 2 Sets Bench(weak), 4 Sets on the ab machine, 2 Sets on lateral raises(delts), 2 sets on Shoulder Press, 2 Sets Incline Chest Press + 5 Minute Cycle(will increase when fitness imrpoves)

Friday-
    2 Sets Skullcrushers, 2 Sets tricep pushdowns, 2 Sets bicep curls(dumbell), 2 sets bicep curl(cable), 4 sets lat pull, 4 Sets Hamstrings + 5 Minute Cycle(will increase when fitness imrpoves)

Saturday - Rest

Sunday - 2-3 hours of tennis (casual / not intense)

I am to increase my cardio when as my fitness imrpoves and im tryin to eat about 1100-1200 calories a day with lot of meat

Opinions ? any weak areas or stupid newbie errors im doin lol cheeers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boodeny)
    Well im 18 year old male and about 15 stone. Im quite chunky like and im erally tryin to get lean and gain mucle aswelll

For all my resistance training I do 3/4 sets of 8 reps except abs where i do more like 15-20 reps

Monday -
    2 Sets Peck Deck, 2 Sets Bench(weak), 4 Sets on the ab machine, 2 Sets on my Delts, 2 sets on Shoulder Press, 2 Sets Incline Chest Press + 5 Minute Cycle(will increase when fitness imrpoves)

Tuesday -

Wednesday -

Thursday -
    2 Sets Peck Deck, 2 Sets Bench(weak), 4 Sets on the ab machine, 2 Sets on lateral raises(delts), 2 sets on Shoulder Press, 2 Sets Incline Chest Press + 5 Minute Cycle(will increase when fitness imrpoves)

Friday-

Saturday - Rest

I am to increase my cardio when as my fitness imrpoves and im tryin to eat about 1100-1200 calories a day with lot of meat

No/hardly any legs? Need to include squats, deadlifts.

Sack off all the machines/cables. Just stick to freeweights.

Instead of making something up, do a proper routine. Google: starting strength, westside for skinny *******s, bill starrs 5x5 etc..

Also, you'll never ever ever gain muscle eating only 1100-1200 cals a day, and you won't be able to sustain yourself eating so little and doing so much exercise.

Eat closer to 2000, at least.

ReputationRep:
    lol more like 2500-3000 with all the exercise!

Definately follow up one of the routines khanage said, yours isn't very good...

ReputationRep:
    No squats or deads?
    Your new routine has allready failed...

ReputationRep:
    That is the worst routine ever. Get on a real programme like Rippetoe's Starting Strength (google it).

Eat 2500-3000 calories per day.

Reallly that many calories? Im REALLY tryin to lose about 3 stone of fat...

ReputationRep:

Monday -

Tuesday -

Wednesday -

Thursday -

Friday-

Saturday - Rest

I'm a big time pro and training expert.....it looks perfect! If you're biceps aren't burning after every session....just repeat the whole routine again.

ReputationRep:
    There's no way you can keep up that level of exercise with only 1100-1200kcal per day. Eating that little probably gives you more than the sensible aim of a 500kcal deficit even without the exercise. Your body will hate you and you'll feel fatigued permanently. If fat loss is your primary aim and you're not fussed about really progressing with the resistance training, go for about 2000kcal. Otherwise go for a bit more.

Also, the other guys are right about your routine. It's terrible. You're pissing about doing lots of variations on chest, shoulder and arm exercises (with lots of isolations and machines) when you should be hitting your legs and back much more and do lots of compounds with free weights. Not only are you going to get way more strength and muscle out of training that way, but if you're recruiting your big muscle groups together (eg. deadlifts) instead of small muscles on their own (eg. bicep curls) you'll burn a lot more calories.

ReputationRep:
    you want to lose 3 stone? Run.

ReputationRep:
    Knew this would be crap as soon as I read "2 Sets Peck Deck" :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Monday -

Tuesday -

Wednesday -

Thursday -

Friday-

Saturday - Rest

Horrific, SS NAO!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.