Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How can I compensate for my acne scars? watch

ReputationRep:
    A hundred man kumite but your opponents are armed with tanto and wakisashis .

~After that you needn't worry about achne scars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaNzY)
    You were prescribed that I assume? My boyfriend uses it, he also has an antibiotic and Duac gel though so it's difficult to tell what the Panoxyl wash has done on its own if you know what I mean. I don't think it has done much though to be honest, I think it is the antibiotic that is working for him the most.

I currently use Clean & Clear Shine Control Daily Facial Scrub and Quinoderm antibacterial facewash. However I do not think face wash products have an effect on me, they never have really, and if they do, the effects only last a month or so. I recommend changing brands every month or so, or every time you finish a tube of facewash, otherwise your skin will build up a tolerance to the one you use regularly. I also recommend you using the scrub ones, I feel like they get the crap off your face much better than smooth washes. Also, when you change brand, it doesn't matter if you are using the cheapest ones really, they all have similar ingredients in them (apart from Panoxyl which has benzoyl peroxide in). I think you should stick to Panoxyl though if you have been prescribed that (I would love to try Panoxyl!)

I have tried Differin gel (prescribed) as well which didn't do anything. And I tried the Freederm range which was a waste of money, it worked like the rest of them, improved for a month and then went back to normal.

I suggest you see the doc about Duac gel/cream which also has benzoyl peroxide in. I love the stuff now. It works by getting rid of comedones (blackheads and whiteheads) and I have really noticed this difference, my nose looks beautiful!! I also don't tend to get the spots with white stuff in anymore (sorry to be crude), I just occasionally get the big nasty painful ones. I have been using the stuff since just before xmas. I noticed the biggest difference within the first week, then it got worse but now it's SLOWLY but steadily getting better and better! (though I am braced for a breakout any time soon, out of habit!)

I have tried sooo many different products, nothing has ever really worked apart from when I went on antibiotics, but even then the acne came back after 2 years

If all else fails, try and get some antibiotics, they work (most of the time). I used Minocycline and my bf is using Oxytetracycline. The Oxytetracycline seem to have a slower effect than Minocycline though, and you also have to take them at certain times before or after food.

Hope that helped somewhat
    Wow, i didn't expect that, sorry i can't reciprocate any of my knowledge because i don't have any but maybe i will try an antibiotic.

No i have not been prescribed panoxyl i just buy it from a pharmacy ask for it and it costs something in the region of £2.50 so there is nothing stopping you from using it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anoneemous)
    Wow, i didn't expect that, sorry i can't reciprocate any of my knowledge because i don't have any but maybe i will try an antibiotic.

No i have not been prescribed panoxyl i just buy it from a pharmacy ask for it and it costs something in the region of £2.50 so there is nothing stopping you from using it
    Ahh that's interesting, I will ask next time. I was pretty sure it had to be prescribed though but it's defo worth an ask cheers and no problem I am willing to help anyone who asks :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevin_123)
    Are you saying you would "go out" with someone thats a lot more uglier than yourself?
    Hey I knew this girl at work and I didnt have any attraction to her whatsoever. Shes wasnt very attractive to me all. But then after knowing her and talking to her, all of a sudden I WELL fancied her. And this was a girl that was considered 'ugly' among everyone else. This is what changed my whole perspective on girls. Everyone has different tastes man.

hi, i dont have acne scars however i sure this website can still help:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Sca...ments-f7.html&

Its a website that discusses acne scars. I dont know exactly how your scars look but i would look into 'derma rolling' more often seeing as that covers a wide section of scars... Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Wear a hat.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.