Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    Basically I have a set of subjects that I am doing ( A levels). Hopefully I am going to university in October however, I am unsure which subjects I want to certify. For example, I'm sure Ill get results in one subject but not sure about another. I am scared that by certifying results that I am not happy with ( B's or C's) will affect my employment opportunities in the future.

    So, if on results day I get my results and have met the offer, is it possible to contact the universities and let them know that I have achieved the requirements. I would therefore be resulting on Results Day if I wish to certify qualifications.

    I know this may sound confusing but I would appreciate any type of help. Also, if it is of any help, I will be going to either Durham, Bristol, Warwick or Nottingham.


    as far as i know, here in England, you can have grades certified and then recertify them if you improve on them with resits. In Cyprus, i don't know.

    Source: It's what I'm doing.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.