Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm technically a lesbian.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's right but I feel like my mates are just too immature to know this. The otehr day I said to one of my firnds "what would you think of my if i were a lesbian?" and she replied with "well, that's disgusting".. so I went quiet after that. But the thing is, I really want to tell somebody but I feel like this is just one of those things that if I reveal to one person, it will spread and everybody will take the piss. I just want to know one thing, why is sexuality an issue in school? How come you're automaticly a freak if you're not straight? It ain't right jeez.

ReputationRep:
    Kids are ignorant and stupid. Didn't you realise that by now? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Err we don't want to know.....

ReputationRep:
    Not everybody is going to have a problem with it, and your real friends will show themselves when you come out, trust me I know I've been there, first few weeks some people said some horrible things, but eventually they grew up and got over it and treated me like any other person.

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, obviously. Being a lesbian feels like I'm in a different world than everyone else. I'd just like to hear it from a chav, what's wrong with not being straight?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, sexuality shouldn't be an issue but sadly anything that is not 'the norm' is frowned upon.

If you really feel you need to come out now, find someone you trust - an adult maybe. They could point you in the direction of some peer support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraa91)
    Not everybody is going to have a problem with it, and your real friends will show themselves when you come out.

^^ Oh, and this.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! =]

As long as YOU'RE comfortable in yourself, I don't think you need to worry. I know telling someone not to worry is easier said than done, but I honestly think that. People are stupid about it because they don't really understand it. I'm straight but have loads of bisexual friends. Of course it's not disgusting, and I don't understand why sexuality is such a big issue. If you trust your friends, tell them, but by the sounds of it, I don't think they're ready to know. I understand where you're coming from with the 'freak' thing, it's ridiculous, I know. Just keep your head high and if your friends don't like it, tough. They should love you for you.

Good luck. I wish you all the best.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm well, alot of people don't know that I dabble and actually one of my best mates does come across as a little bit homophobic so I can see where you're coming from. But you'd be surprised by how many people don't care and embrace it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urkel)
    Surely from that question and your reaction, your friend would assume you are at least bi-curious?
    She did ask.. so I just replied with "no, I'm not.. I was just wondering".

ReputationRep:
    I'm technically aroused.

Anonymous because the girl i'm talking about is on here and she might not appreciate it!

But I'm straight and a close friend of mine told me she was a lesbian, I'm the only person she has told.

There are a number of people at our school who are openly homophobic, so I really feel for her. Although we are not best friends, she clearly judged that my views are liberal enough to not judge her for it in the slightest but I know she feels as though she has to pretend to be somebody that's she's not.

Personally, i'd do as she has, find someone who you believe you trust and confide in them. One day it will be easy for you to be open about your sexuality and for others to accept it.

Until you feel as though that is the case however, I would take it step by step.

Good luck, I know it must be tough xxx

ReputationRep:
    But the thing is.. I just can't trust anyone. There's a girl called Mia in my year, she openly admitted she was not straight the day she started in year 7, we're both now in year 9 and she still gets the piss taken out of her. Infact, the girls who I hang around with are always talking about how "pathetic" she is for being a lesbian and I try to just stay out the discussion. See now that's exactly why I can't trust even my closest of friends. Obviously, I don't really care much for my repuation or such it's just that if I admitted it, I'd get the piss taken out of me and words hurt, man. Ahhhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Kids are ignorant and stupid. Didn't you realise that by now? :p:
    well in my mind the I completed the sentence as "I'm technically a lesbian.....for jokes".

Not a particularly fantastic ending to the sentence, but immediately when I saw the title I thought of that.

Then I saw your post, and it made me terribly aware of my own immaturity :sadnod: I thought I'd grown up by now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtySyko)
    But the thing is.. I just can't trust anyone. There's a girl called Mia in my year, she openly admitted she was not straight the day she started in year 7, we're both now in year 9 and she still gets the piss taken out of her.
    Year 9?! I'd give it a while...
    You've still got a lot of maturing to do and on top of that even if you were absolutely certain you probably would get teased because frankly no-one would take you seriously untill Year 11 or Sixth Form.

ReputationRep:
    People can be right douchebags.

ReputationRep:
    don't tell anyone. I don't go around proclaiming my heterosexuality, if you don't want to shag them then they don't need to know either way.

And how old are you if you're still in school can you really know when your that young?

I take that back, You're 13 of course your friends aren't mature enough, if my mate told me he was bisexual when we were 13 i would have run for the hills wait until they've grown up a bit i mean seriously i was still calling random people gay for no reason and running around playfighting at 13, the liklihood is you wont be finding a relationship until you're at elast in college so wait until then by the time they're 16 they should have grown up a bit.

And a little tip if you tell most adults they will say what i thought when i found out your age, you are really young how do you know.

They will most likely say its a phase.

Don't tell boys either they will ask for pics

ReputationRep:
    Lesbian by a technicality. The best kind of lesbian.

ReputationRep:
    More like SirtyDyko.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libtolu)
    don't tell anyone. I don't go around proclaiming my heterosexuality, if you don't want to shag them then they don't need to know either way.

And how old are you if you're still in school can you really know when your that young?

I take that back, You're 13 of course your friends aren't mature enough, if my mate told me he was bisexual when we were 13 i would have run for the hills wait until they've grown up a bit i mean seriously i was still calling random people gay for no reason and running around playfighting at 13, the liklihood is you wont be finding a relationship until you're at elast in college so wait until then by the time they're 16 they should have grown up a bit.

And a little tip if you tell most adults they will say what i thought when i found out your age, you are really young how do you know.

They will most likely say its a phase.

Don't tell boys either they will ask for pics
    How else will they meet prospective partners then if nobody knows that they are gay?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.