The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think so.
Reply 2
I am/
Reply 3
It is possible but I guess it depends why you broke up.
Reply 4
It depends. Two quite good mates are ex girlfriends, whilst we don't talk much anymore (they've both settled down with families etc so busy busy) we will from time to time have a chat. One of my other exs we don't talk, we had a major fall out, it got better but just stopped. It sucks because she would have been a really good mate!
Reply 5
Yeah, it's possible. I'm friends with an ex of mine; although sometimes it does get a little odd because of the circumstances of the break up, but other than that it's all brilliant.
Reply 6
I dont think so. I've always gone by the thought that exes stay friends because there's still something there.
Me and my ex broke up in terrible circumstances and it left a lot of hurt for both of us...at first we used to get at each other quite a lot but now we've managed to put our differences to one side and we're able to talk civilly as friends would...I never thought that would ever happen but I think since we've both moved on and are with other people it's been made much easier
Reply 8
Depends entirely on the situation. If both sides are willing to have a clean break then it's perfectly easy to remain friends. It's when one or both sides make it more complicated than it is or become bitchy that things go wrong. Doesn't take much for one act of slight vindictiveness to spiral out of control into a feud. And if the reason you split up is you don't get along, then how the hell are you going to be friends?

I've been friends with about half my exs I think. My last ex (a month ago...) is making things very difficult. Always says she wants to be friends, and then acts in the completely opposite way (blanks me and generally turns the awkwardness up to 11). So somehow I don't think this one is going to end rosily, but then again she did dump me by facebook so I don't know how there's any friends after that...
Reply 9
Never worked in my experience, there's always a catch
I've been badly hurt by all my exes (not that there have been many), and so don't feel comfortable being friends with any of them. Plus, I still have a lot of feelings for one, and so for me it's all or nothing with him.

Latest

Trending

Trending