Turn on thread page Beta

How much do you spend a month on clothes? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering the other day with my friends, how much do people in general/on average spend on clothes and shoes, NOT jewelry though??

I'm a guy and I'm 20, I don't work and I usually don't spend more than £60 a month on clothes as I get a lot as gifts for Christmas and birthday, but since the recession and Christmas last year, I have spent well over £1000 on clothes and shoes/trainers from all these sales in stores and online as they were just too good, especially on Asos, and I'm thinking this should last me well until next year!

ReputationRep:
    i was reading all my bank statements just now.
    on average i spend about £150 a month.
    now i am left with £16.69 in my bank :woo:
    i really need to cut down

ReputationRep:
    Like £0

ReputationRep:
    I spent most of my loan money on cloths, about £250 a month because i was living at my house but got given the money someone living in halls would need wish i'de saved it and bought a car haha

ReputationRep:
    £75 on average. And I don't even have a job, so it's pretty bad..

ReputationRep:
    I spend roughly £150 every two years. I don't have the money to buy clothes every month... not when there are CDs to buy.

ReputationRep:
    I usually spend £100 on clothes every few years, maximum. My winter clothes (current wardrobe - minimal) are something like three years old, and probably cost me only £50/60 in total, and I've had the same summer clothes for four years or so, but have recently shopped for a whole new wardrobe in preparation for this coming summer (costing £110 in total) because I'm going to America - those clothes should, hopefully, last for years to come.

No, I'm not fashionable. :p:

ReputationRep:
    i'd say about £150 a month, most of my wages

ReputationRep:
    Like, a fiver?

I go months without buying anything and then spend £60 all at once.

I'm a classy bird.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, really. If I go on a shopping trip I'll spend £50-£100, but if not then I only really renew things like tights and buy the odd accessory.

ReputationRep:
    About £50-£150 a month. Could be up to £350 if it's a month I get my loan. AND i have no job. oh dear

ReputationRep:
    On average £120.

ReputationRep:
    sometimes not even £1.00...I only shop when i really need something

ReputationRep:
    I normally buy clothes on my birthday and Christmas but I have the odd sporadic urge to buy a hoodie/shirt or something like that. I only ever buy trainers once a year/two years and only get rid of them once they are unwearable.

Saying all that, I just ******* put some clothes in the wash and one of woolen jumpers has shrunk...who knew wool can't be washed the way I did it? I guess I'll be popping in to GAP some time soon.

ReputationRep:
    I used to spend around £50 a month on clothes (I earned £60 a month), but since I've been at uni I cut down. I'm currently in a phase of buying new stuff, and I've spent £200 in February so far. I expect it will double at the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    200-250

some stuff I never wear!

ReputationRep:
    averaged over the last 5 years... 33p a month

If you'd asked two days ago 0p a month

I finally replaced my worn out converse yesterday with similar pair on sale for £20

ReputationRep:
    Do people buy new outfits/tops to go out every weekend eg. when they go clubbing etc? I've noticed so many people on Facebook seem to have new tops/shirts/t s hirts in every picture when they go out or is it just me?

ReputationRep:
    I spend about £150 a month on clothes. Usually from All Saints lol.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe £20 a month, on average? I'm not a big shopper, or a big clubber, but I do like buying tops for work and the occasional going out dress.
    I would probably forever be buying heels if I hadn't miraculously invested my money (all £8 of it) into a pair of black and gold heels from Asda that are ridiculously comfortable and glamorous and go with EVERYTHING :

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.