Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How much do you spend a month on clothes? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've spent around £500 from Jan till now. I don't spend any set or consistent amount every month. Some months I won't buy any due to not having time to shop or just not finding anything I like. Then there will be months like the last one were I spend a fair bit!

ReputationRep:
    On average about £30 a month.

It depends I'm more likely to spend more if there's a sale so about £100 during christmas, easter and summer I tried to avoid clothes apart from those times unless I really love it and won't find it again like vintage clothing.

ReputationRep:
    Spending every month on cloths in this economy not possible for me I usually spend 250 to 300 every year.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. But around £100-150 and much more on shoes xD :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I dont buy clothes EVERY month? because there is no need? but every so often I will do a big shop and buy some expensive items. I am a big fan of D&G. But then I buy cheaper stuff like boss, armani, diesel. etc. x

ReputationRep:
    I don't really buy a lot of clothes, come to think of it.. tends to be a case of buying a few bits after Christmas in the sales, then maybe buying some summer pieces in June sort of time. I really don't buy a lot in between, maybe basic stuff like cardigans and vest tops or some exceptional bargain if I happen to see one.
    Though I am tempted to buy a few bits at the minute, Asos is looking pretty good right now :emo: I don't have a job! I can't randomly spend like this!

ReputationRep:
    too much

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, about £140 maybe ?

ReputationRep:
    about £90 but usually all in one go/or two goes
    i thought that was a lot but according to this thread I guess not..

ReputationRep:
    Probably around £100 every few months.

Funnily enough, I don't make a weekly habit of buying new clothes... some of you will be in for a shock when you have bills to pay.

ReputationRep:
    I don't regularly buy clothes, just buy maybe £100-200 worth of stuff every so often. Last time I bought clothes was September, but I'm due another shop soon. I don't really shop much over Winter as I have plenty of jackets and hoodies to keep me warm, and buying new shirts seems kinda pointless if they're going to be covered up most the time

ReputationRep:
    Good point about the shirt thing during Winter ...

At the moment, I can't help but make the most out of the sales particularly online at Asos, I've had the same delivery guy twice this week, he must think I'm crazy!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe £20 on average if that... basics and accessories mostly from Primark and then the odd ASOS sale splurge. Also helps that I'm a massive hoarder and have had a lot of things for over 5 years (and get a fair few nice handmedowns).

ReputationRep:
    Erm, excluding university hoodies for committees which I'm only likely to buy this year, I buy a couple of pairs of [considerably expensive] mountaineering socks for about £25 each year. Then every few years I'll go to the designer outlet near me and buy out-of-season gear; I'll probably spend uhm, £100, since it's cheap but quality stuff? Soo, about £5 a month.

ReputationRep:
    too much.

ReputationRep:
    Virtually nothing atm cos I've not got a job and can't afford to. Had some new ones for my birthday but obviously I didn't pay for them, I just chose them, going to buy a new hoody over the weekend though

ReputationRep:
    Probably £50-£100. I should spend less.

ReputationRep:
    £50 max really, quite a lot is stuff from eBay/charity shops/vintage shops though so it's enough to get by, really need a job though

ReputationRep:
    I tend to have two big buys a year around my birthday and Christmas for obvious reasons. Even then I don't spend lots. I only pay out for the things that are going to be used time and time again and need to be good quality like winter coats and a durable bag that'll carry all my books without splitting. I got an amazing winter coat from H&M reduced from £50 to £20 and I got the bag reduced from £40 to £12.

I buy the odd bits monthly but those are mainly quirky scarves or shoes from charity shops. I do get a lot of good quality, barely worn cast offs from a cousin with impeccable taste so I'm lucky in that respect and I poach a lot of really stunning old fashioned scarves from old relatives who just want rid of stuff.

To be honest, more is spent monthly on diet pepsi than clothes with me. I swear I'm addicted and when your college is in the middle of nowhere there's not much choice but to buy the expensive stuff than the cheaper ASDA version... Oh and books too. Too much money on books that I have too little time to read... But I swear one day I'll get round to it!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.