Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    if you do not receive a bursary from your uni are you entitled to full help?can you get help with the cost of contact lenses with a hc1 form?

    With the HC1 form, they count your full income (not your parents' income) i.e. the sum of any loans, grants, or bursaries you receive. Only if you earn less than a certain amount will you be entitled to help with the cost of contact lenses, medication etc.

    EDIT: Make sure you only fill in the HC1 form once you are at university (I'm assuming you're applying for September 2010), as they assess you on your current circumstances, rather than what they might be in 7 months.
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.