Turn on thread page Beta

Need some advice - probably in the wrong thread for this watch

ReputationRep:
    I got a problem with a student at my university, he ended up with a formal warning to stay away from me (he's in the same class as me). However, I asked my module leader to make sure he was not in the same seminar group as me because the class consisted of 8-10 students usually, she had no problems with that so that was sorted. So today, I attended my lecture at 1 and he turned up thinking he can do the class instead of 2, would you say that he is violating the rules of the formal warning by doing this when he was also told he was to do the 2pm lecture?

Any advice would be helpful?

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness, if when he went to the lecture at 1 he didn't harass/bother/attack/violate you then maybe you should just let things lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadigmShift)
    In all fairness, if when he went to the lecture at 1 he didn't harass/bother/attack/violate you then maybe you should just let things lie.
    That's a fair point, but if a module leader told him he wasn't allow to be in that group, isn't that wrong to attend it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorJ)
    That's a fair point, but if a module leader told him he wasn't allow to be in that group, isn't that wrong to attend it?
    Probably. :dontknow: If he isn't actually doing anything to you which you object to however, it might be in your interest to not provoke any future trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know, don't really care tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like having this trouble, it only started when his wife and him falsely accused me of doing something for 3 years (police ruled in my favour - they didn't like it), formal warning came about for both of them, due to threaten behaviour, assault and the fact they put on a public forum threaten to kill me. So uni had to split him from my group to prevent harassment. So by complaining about it, I would provoke future trouble? Just wondering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megamuffin)
    Don't know, don't really care tbh.
    Look, if you are going to try and troll it will be much easier and effective if you manage to avoid a permaban for at least a few days.

ReputationRep:
    If he doesn't bother you then don't say anything, but as soon as he does go and rat him out. Mention that he's been attending the 1pm lecture for x amount of weeks. Live and let live... Unless they piss you off. Then send them off to hell with a good kick up the arse.

ReputationRep:
    Let things build up, and when he finally comes out of the closet, shove him back in there.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.