Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Placement Year Financing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I start a funded placement next year (not sure exactly how much funding I'll get) and was wondering if anyone knew how much maintainance grant I would be entitled to? Or could point me in the right direction of finding out. I've been getting the full grant from the student loans company so far. I know that placement year will be half the tuition fee and wondered if this would affect the amount of finance I'm entitled to.

I'd be grateful for any help!

ReputationRep:
    Your not entitled to any means tested support on a paid placement year, no matter what your income - so no maintenance grant. They will give you a loan for the tuition fees your uni are charging and a maintenance loan of around £2500.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my placement year at the moment. I'd normally get the minimum maintenance loan (no grants etc) and I get around £2200 loan this year which is about half to two thirds what I would normally get.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.