Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Shy guys watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Being a shy guy myself, I think it is one of the defining characteristics of us that we will generally NOT approach a girl because we are shy.

To the girls of the world: Go strike up conversations with shy guys because they themselves will probably never do it. And although it might not seem like it on the outside, on the inside they're thanking you for taking your time to come and talk to them.

Why would you be interested in someone who is shy and cant maintain eye contact, it just smacks of being a pussy

(Original post by dancingshoes10)
    If you like a girl, are you likely to talk to her or would you wait for her to start the conversation? This includes both in person and online/texting etc.

I quite like a shy guy atm and I have always considered myself a shy girl but not as shy as him. Last time I saw him we were chatting and he couldn't look me in the eye for a long time while he was talking to me. I don't know if this means he doesn't like me or he does like me and is embarrassed because he is shy, or any other reason.

So I am quite confused. People always say if a guy likes you he will talk to you no matter what, but is this true?
    No - who are these 'people'? How much interest have you shown in him? I mean, i'm not shy (usually...), but the fact is I won't really pursue anything with a girl I like if she doesn't seem that interested - i'm not really one for analyzing signals and playing the game, i'd rather just find someone more open.

(Original post by NW86)
    Why would you be interested in someone who is shy and cant maintain eye contact, it just smacks of being a pussy
    She's a pussy too. If one of them grows a pair they might make some sweet pussy on pussy love.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.