Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I have got my summary from student finance and i dont understand (i hope) as it doesnt seem much at all or i maybe looking at it wrong.

I hope someone can clarify this for me to put my mind at rest.

It shows the following

Tuition Fees paid direct to your University or College
    Tuition Fee Grant - Payable By Student Finance No Entitlement for Tuition Fee Grant Support
    Tuition Fees Payable By Your Household £2000.00

Tuition Fee Loan paid direct to your University or College
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Available £2000.00
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Requested £0.00

Maintenance Loan (paid direct to you)
    Total Maintenance Loan Available £3564.00
    Total Maintenance Loan Requested £0.00

Thanks

Adam

ReputationRep:
    It means as far as they are concerned you didn't ask for any loans at all.

ReputationRep:
    They did that to me a few times, kept ringing them asking why they would think I would request £0 in loans until they sent me the right amount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    They did that to me a few times, kept ringing them asking why they would think I would request £0 in loans until they sent me the right amount.
    I am slightly worried as i went off the calculations from the calculator on the student finance website so im sure i wouldnt have put £0 in.

In terms of amounts does Maintenance Loan £3564 mean everything i get to live from a year? the calculator gave me two totals one being around the £3000 mark and another one i think called a maintenance/special support grant which was £2600. are maintenance/special support grants not included in this estimate?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What you have posted says you are getting nothing. You will have to pay £2000 tuition fees. A loan is available for this but you didn't apply for it. Also that a maintenance loan of £3564 to live on for the year was available but you didn't apply for it. There is no evidence that you applied for the special support grant.
    If this is wrong you need to get in touch with them.
    To qualify for the special support grant you have to meet the following criteria
    http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov..._schema=PORTAL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamNUK)
    I am slightly worried as i went off the calculations from the calculator on the student finance website so im sure i wouldnt have put £0 in.

In terms of amounts does Maintenance Loan £3564 mean everything i get to live from a year? the calculator gave me two totals one being around the £3000 mark and another one i think called a maintenance/special support grant which was £2600. are maintenance/special support grants not included in this estimate?

Thanks

I don't know anything about grants, but Outside london your max loan is 3.5 k or something and they will pay whatever your tuition fees are up to 3225. I am not sure whether your entitlement to a loan goes down if you get a grant, I can't remember. Even so, the figure for your maintenance loan is what you have to live on for the year, yes, and it is usually spent on accommodation. If you definitely remember applying for these loans then don't worry about them saying you requested nothing, because this happened to me several times and it was just an error on their part because they are ****, just call them up and try and get them to sort it out.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.