Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on here starting a PGCE at Canterbury in September?

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting my PGCE this september in geography. I dont live in Canterbury or anywhere near Kent so will be moving down there, very scary. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting the PGCE Primary with MFL in September I don't live anywhere near Kent either - only time I've ever been there was at the interview! I currently live between Leicester and Cambridge and I'm at uni in Warwick.

Just thought it would be nice to chat to anyone else going

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Upper Primary!

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see another Primary person!

ReputationRep:
    you guys thought about where you will live? I really want to be able to live in a shared house with other PGCE students but have no idea how to go about doing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redlime)
    you guys thought about where you will live? I really want to be able to live in a shared house with other PGCE students but have no idea how to go about doing this?
    Facebook maybe? I already live in Canterbury but the majority of my friends found housemates through facebook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Explorer Dora)
    Nice to see another Primary person!
    It's not a bad area for schools! Naturally the school I actually went to was terrible but all the others I've helped out in have been really nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wordsearch)
    It's not a bad area for schools! Naturally the school I actually went to was terrible but all the others I've helped out in have been really nice.
    Are you already from the Canterbury area then? That's helpful. I've only been to Canterbury once, so it's good to hear the schools are nice. I suppose that doesn't guarentee we'll have nice classes next year though!

ReputationRep:
    Are you already from the Canterbury area then? That's helpful. I've only been to Canterbury once, so it's good to hear the schools are nice. I suppose that doesn't guarentee we'll have nice classes next year though!
    Yeah! I've lived here for about 15 years and I'm already at the university. I don't think I have any friends doing PGCEs but I've had lots doing the 3 year Primary course and only one of them has really hated her kids!

ReputationRep:
    That's so lucky! What's Canterbury like as a uni? Have you enjoyed it? And have you started any of the recommended reading?!

ReputationRep:
    That's so lucky! What's Canterbury like as a uni? Have you enjoyed it? And have you started any of the recommended reading?!
    Honestly, it's not the best in the world! It's a very nice university and Canterbury is a lovely city, but the university is possibly the most disorganized place ever - you'll understand when you get here I imagine it's different for the primary section as that's what it's so well known for.

And no! There's like 50 books aren't there?! Haha. My friend who has just finished a PGCE there said the books were never brought up once and so she didn't think it was worth actually buying them! Have you got any of them? I might buy a few all the same but not until I know I've actually passed degree number one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wordsearch)
    Honestly, it's not the best in the world! It's a very nice university and Canterbury is a lovely city, but the university is possibly the most disorganized place ever - you'll understand when you get here I imagine it's different for the primary section as that's what it's so well known for.

And no! There's like 50 books aren't there?! Haha. My friend who has just finished a PGCE there said the books were never brought up once and so she didn't think it was worth actually buying them! Have you got any of them? I might buy a few all the same but not until I know I've actually passed degree number one!
    Yeah, I know what you mean! Dissertation to do first before I can read anything! I actually had one of the books on the list anyway, so I'll probably read that, and maybe go to my current uni library after exams and have a look at some of the others.

Disorganised sounds...interesting! I'm hoping it will be okay when I get there. To be honest, sounds like we are going to have so much work to do we won't have time to worry about the uni itself!

ReputationRep:
    I've just been accepted on the PGCE English with Drama and Media at Canterbury. I'm very excited.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 16, 2010

University open days

1. University of Kent
    Canterbury campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.