Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    Perhaps so I have no doubt that they're a popular band with a large following, but I'd love to see a band with a bit more to say. A big statement to make. Something which compliments Rage's nature. Although it'll be pretty difficult to find that and I doubt it would happen, I just think it would be nice to have compadres on stage rather than just a band that's really popular, have little-to-no connection with Rage and (to my knowledge) don't have any history of activism.
    That's fair enough. TBH, I was thinking along the lines of "What's the best show I can imagine getting for nothing that doesn't include death metal", so that's where my vote went!

ReputationRep:
    new email from livenation linking to survey :

vote for 3 bands you'd like to support

I'm putting Rise against, Billy talent and the offspring...

ReputationRep:
    I can't choose who to vote for!

ReputationRep:
    Deftones, Tool, Cypress Hill. It's the only way.

ReputationRep:
    Muse? **** that, it's a Rage gig not an overblown Muse gig. I went for Rise Against, Gaslight Anthem and Against Me!. Rise Against can't do it though.

ReputationRep:
    Cypress Hill, The Prodigy, and then either Deftones or Gallows. Decisions decisions...

ReputationRep:
    Ooh prodigy!! That's so going on my vote...two more bands..

ReputationRep:
    i'm thinking prodigy, and the other 2 are between rise against, biffy clyro, pendulum, gallows. love pearl jam, foo fighters, possibly muse but can't see any of those ever happening

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it now, I dunno why I didn't put the Prodigy down! I'd love to see Rage, Muse, Prodigy and Biffy play on the same day. It would be immense

ReputationRep:
    No-one else going for System of a down? They have a history of activism, and like rage aren't/weren't together but close enough that they might be convinced to reunite for this...

ReputationRep:
    KSE, System of a down and Deftones! Yes lads!

ReputationRep:
    I'm loving how many people are mentioning Deftones, that would make my day. Week. Month. Year. LIFE.

ReputationRep:
    I went for Gallows in the end

ReputationRep:
    I put down Deftones, Beastie Boys and The Jesus Lizard.

The Jesus Lizard may be a wasted vote, but then again, so is Muse. To everyone not voting Deftones: you're doing it wrong. WRONG.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure the band's available - Rise Against's at Rock Am Ring on that date I believe...

ReputationRep:
    Can see a boring band being done I mean Deftones etc. i couldn't give 2 ***** about! Have something exciting please!

ReputationRep:
    Theres no way muse would agree to be a support act, not after selling out wembley stadium. Which in my opinion is a good thing, I dont dislike muse, they just wouldnt fit the tone of rage factor. I went for Cypress Hill, Biffy Clyro (apparently Simon neil and the drummer used to be in a rage tribute band and have said they'd love to do it) and the beastie boys (because there was a rumour a while back and it would just be awesome)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachellg)
    i'm thinking prodigy, and the other 2 are between rise against, biffy clyro, pendulum, gallows. love pearl jam, foo fighters, possibly muse but can't see any of those ever happening
    Biffy have already said they'd love to do it. Simon Neil loves rage, (even in a tribute band back in the day) Vote Biffy

ReputationRep:
    Everyone get the message from Jon Morter? Don't vote Gallows or Cypress Hill, they're just wasted votes

ReputationRep:
    MUSE are highly appropriate considering the political and anti-coporatism nature of not only their latest album (called 'the resistance'!!) but even comes up in blackholes and revelations, and origin of symmetry
    plus muse arent above supporting other bands!! they toured with U2 last year, AND are big fans of RATM anyway. in fact, its hearing muse mention RATM over and over that made me buy an album a few months before the whole xmas no 1 campaign!!

so to sum up, VOTE FOR MUSE!!!

i also agree that biffy clyro wud be great

not so sure about my third choice atm

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.