Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE= I just think it would be nice to have compadres on stage rather than just a band that's really popular, have little-to-no connection with Rage and (to my knowledge) don't have any history of activism.[/QUOTE]

muse are the reason i even heard of rage! they are clearly influenced by them, and have been mentionned by the band in quite a lot of interviews (thus prompting me to check them out and become a fan)

and muse have actually kinda protested in the past about censorship of their music (deciding to replace a whole verse of feeling good with a lot of swearing live on the radio) and not being allowed to perfom live (swapping instruments on an italian tv show, with matt pretending to drum, chris on guitar and dom on bass and miming - what better way to poke fun at the people who try to make music artifical!)
    i think this is sorta relates to the whole RATM xmas no 1 campaign in a way

and they clearly supported it, since dom actually mentionned it on his blog, saying it was great and that he'd downloaded the song. and ratm has been a big influence on music's music

(sorry i tend to talk too much on the subject of muse lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorgaRW)
    muse are the reason i even heard of rage! they are clearly influenced by them, and have been mentionned by the band in quite a lot of interviews (thus prompting me to check them out and become a fan)

and muse have actually kinda protested in the past about censorship of their music (deciding to replace a whole verse of feeling good with a lot of swearing live on the radio) and not being allowed to perfom live (swapping instruments on an italian tv show, with matt pretending to drum, chris on guitar and dom on bass and miming - what better way to poke fun at the people who try to make music artifical!)
    i think this is sorta relates to the whole RATM xmas no 1 campaign in a way

and they clearly supported it, since dom actually mentionned it on his blog, saying it was great and that he'd downloaded the song. and ratm has been a big influence on music's music

(sorry i tend to talk too much on the subject of muse lol)
    Matt said in an interview with Zane Lowe that he forgot the words, nothing to do with censorship.
    And it's not just that Italian show they did that on. They swap instruments and mime hilariously every time they're asked to mime a song.

ReputationRep:
    Muse are political in a 'our world leaders are all aliens' kinda way...not really the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Muse are political in a 'our world leaders are all aliens' kinda way...not really the same
    This^

ReputationRep:
    Does It Offend You, Yeah? are now TBC on efestivals to support.......:eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Does It Offend You, Yeah? are now TBC on efestivals to support.......:eyebrow:
    I hope that's a joke! What on earth.....

ReputationRep:
    I saw something on Last.fm about that - somebody's explanation was "Does It Offend You, Yeah? said on their twitter/facebook page "think of us when you're recieving you're tickets" or something like that." Sounds more to me like, think of us when you're off to see RATM and we're not, as opposed to "see you there guys, ******** terrible music all over the stage". Or something.

ReputationRep:
    Deftones, Skindred, Limp Bizkit

(I put the last two as a tactical vote, want to make sure Deftones get on the bill)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    I saw something on Last.fm about that - somebody's explanation was "Does It Offend You, Yeah? said on their twitter/facebook page "think of us when you're recieving you're tickets" or something like that." Sounds more to me like, think of us when you're off to see RATM and we're not, as opposed to "see you there guys, ******** terrible music all over the stage". Or something.
    Let's pray to god you're right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    Efestivals wouldn't TBC a band with such little evidence, they might put a band up as a rumour though but never a TBC. It's more than likely that Neil from efests has got a source whose confirmed they're playing.

ReputationRep:
    I voted for Deftones, Biffy Clyro and Andrew WK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by primaverasnap)
    Efestivals wouldn't TBC a band with such little evidence, they might put a band up as a rumour though but never a TBC. It's more than likely that Neil from efests has got a source whose confirmed they're playing.
    I hope not, they're ****.

In other news, mega luvz to the Deftones voters!

ReputationRep:
    Who would vote for them? Who?!

ReputationRep:
    Support bands announced

DOORS OPEN

GALLOWS

ROOTS MANUVA

GOGOL BORDELLO

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

CURFEW
    Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    A really huge "meh".
    Then again, I signed up for Rage and nothing more, so I'm happy anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm not too excited, though i'm guessing getting who had the most votes and who was actually available was difficult. Ah well, I know Gallows are great live and Bordello are from what I've seen on tv and heard from other people.

ReputationRep:
    Roots Manuva is nothing special...though when I saw him at a local festival, the acoustics in the cow shed didn't really do him any favours.

ReputationRep:
    Gogol Bordello is a winner

I'll drink during the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Gallows. Does that mean I'm going to get kicked in the back by some pissed up 14 year old?

Not to bothered about the support,alright acts to be fair,Gallows are good live,and Gogol Bordello were pretty good at Reading a few years back.
    Though at the end of the day,it's Rage for free,******* free.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.