Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by rhys_please)
    To make a point of whats been posted above: Im kinda upset at the whole situation. I've liked RATM for quite some time, and seeing them in 2008 was a fantastic experience for me. Seeing at them at this free gig would be immense, but really, how many people are going just because its free? How many people going would actually pay for a ticket to see them. Im not saying that there's not going to be a hell of a lot of hardcore rage fans going, but I'm sad because I missed out on a ticket, when theres no doubt in my mind that there's at least one person going because they were on the TV and it was free.
    To be fair though,maybe some who are going only know them from tv and the campaign for number one,but at least their music is spreading to new people,and others getting into Rage for the same reasons all the fans before xmas did.
    And to be honest,anyone who got up the day the tickets came out and sat there for an hour trying to get a ticket deserves to be called a fan,as it was a pain in the arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I've just found out I can't go. I can't get down there and I can't afford it.

Coach/Train down from Newcastle (which is still 40 minutes) away is too expensive and I can't get the day off work on the 5th to get down, even if I could afford it.

I'm gutted!
    I know you said you've checked coahces, but have you checked Megabus and National Express? I'm getting the coach the night before from Newcastle, arriving early sunday, for £4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    I know you said you've checked coahces, but have you checked Megabus and National Express? I'm getting the coach the night before from Newcastle, arriving early sunday, for £4.
    I wouldn't be able to do a coach for about 12 hours, tbh. I get travel sick quite easily. That's why I was looking at trains/flights but it's too expensive for me at the moment. Damn end of the month! I owe my brother £60 + birthday present, and I have some other debts need paying.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they could have done the ticket allocation any differently really. Impossible to decide who 'deserves' it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought 2/3 of the people who registered for a ticket got one?

If there was a way for them to only give tickets to people who had bought the single that would have been the best way but I don't see how that would have been possible. This is the fairest way they could have done it I think.

ReputationRep:
    Cannot wait for this!

ReputationRep:
    Mine and the bfs tickets came this morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Mine and the bfs tickets came this morning
    hello.

ReputationRep:
    My tickets came too

ReputationRep:
    Got my tickets today. But I can't go so I've just put my ticket up on the wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I wouldn't be able to do a coach for about 12 hours, tbh. I get travel sick quite easily. That's why I was looking at trains/flights but it's too expensive for me at the moment. Damn end of the month! I owe my brother £60 + birthday present, and I have some other debts need paying.
    It's 5 and a half. Not 12. And it's overnight. Sleep on it.

And what would you rather do? Not go or sit on an overnight coach?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    Yeah, at the moment Megabus doesn't leave in time for me to finish work, and the National Express will cost £20 either way. I just don't have the money to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Got my tickets, whoo! Though the nice little 'head-in-vice' photo means mine doesn't look all that much like me, haha. I can get all excited now though, got my coach tickets, got my entry tickets, I AM SO READY FOR THIS.

ReputationRep:
    Tickets arrived! Can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've got my train and hostel booked now. My bank account hates me.

ReputationRep:
    Driving from Bristol to London, eep.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure i'm not going now for 3 reasons, think i'm working that day, got 5 important exams in June for a level, and i can't get up there. Oh well, bit of a shame but nowt i can do.

ReputationRep:
    5 days! )

ReputationRep:
    I know it's last minute, but if anyone wants a lift from Cardiff and is willing to chip in for petrol, then send me a PM. Petrol is too expensive!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    I know it's last minute, but if anyone wants a lift from Cardiff and is willing to chip in for petrol, then send me a PM. Petrol is too expensive!!
    You just made me very tempted! Where in Cardiff are you from? Might be a definitive factor as if you live near my Nan i might jut go for it! And how much is petrol btw?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.