Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOAD_MONGOOSE)
    I don't understand the rolling lottery thing/First come, first served. Could anybody shed any light?
    Weekend after Uni exams=WIN! :-D
    Names out of a hat I think.

In the middle of exams season but I have no exams on the 7th. So WIN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Names out of a hat I think.

In the middle of exams season but I have no exams on the 7th. So WIN!
    Yeah, but it says it's done on a first come, first served basis as well as a rolling lottery. I'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    What are the photo rules? Does it have to be like a passport photo or can it just be a general photo as long as it is just you and you can see the face and shoulders clear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    What are the photo rules? Does it have to be like a passport photo or can it just be a general photo as long as it is just you and you can see the face and shoulders clear?
    The latter. You can crop it before you submit it too.

(Original post by SOAD_MONGOOSE)
    Yeah, but it says it's done on a first come, first served basis as well as a rolling lottery. I'm confused.
    All I've seen it say is rolling lottery, where does it say first come first serve?

ReputationRep:
    my photo is a graining webcam one. it was approved though.

ReputationRep:
    the rolling lottery bit is not clear

presumably they send an email to the winners only telling them to go and buy the tickets ?

ReputationRep:
    None of my mates registered :/
    I really don't wanna go by myself. Plus the whole under 17 thing is confusing me. Does anyone know if they mean right now or at the time of the gig because I'll be 17 then. If they mean right now does anyone want to be my adult xD

ReputationRep:
    None of my mates registered :/
    I really don't wanna go by myself. Plus the whole under 17 thing is confusing me. Does anyone know if they mean right now or at the time of the gig because I'll be 17 then. If they mean right now does anyone want to be my adult xD

(Original post by Seanisonfire)
    All I've seen it say is rolling lottery, where does it say first come first serve?
    It said first come first serve on the page where you registered I think. I assume they just mean as it is rolling until they are all gone,it is first come first serve as the earlier you get there the more chance you have of getting one,but who knows,i just hope it somehow fits all in to place that i do get a ticket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krakatoa)
    It said first come first serve on the page where you registered I think. I assume they just mean as it is rolling until they are all gone,it is first come first serve as the earlier you get there the more chance you have of getting one,but who knows,i just hope it somehow fits all in to place that i do get a ticket.
    Pretty much, from an email from See Tickets this morning (scuse the caps):

"PLEASE NOTE. THE SYSTEM WILL BE PROGRAMMED TO ACCEPT TICKET APPLICATIONS ON A RANDOM AND EQUITABLE BASIS. IF YOU FAIL THE FIRST TIME, TRY AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL YOU ARE EITHER SUCCESSFUL OR THE TICKETS ARE ALL GONE. WE WILL INFORM EVERYONE WHEN THEY ARE ALL GONE."

ReputationRep:
    I'M ACTUALLY NERVOUS. Eeeeeekkkkkkkkk.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a queue

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got tickets yet?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, my queue crashed too

ReputationRep:
    No.

'service busy' ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ReputationRep:
    I've had to use my phone...the comp refuses to load. Don't even know if I'm eligible since i'm 16 :/

ReputationRep:

OMG OMG OMG YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Congrats, did you have to wait in a queue or did you get it straight away?

ReputationRep:
    It just won't loooooooooad..
    I can't see me having much luck :sad: I even set my alarm for this, haha.

ReputationRep:
    Oh how i love the anticipation in doing these things! I have 5 browsers open!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.