Turn on thread page Beta

Amazon - How to deliver a book watch

ReputationRep:
    Right, I've got a book from the 1st semester of uni that I won't need again so im wantin to sell it on amazon. Thing is, I've looked at the prices that people are asking for the same book and they all charge £2.75 for the delivery charge. But can't they send it using different methods eg royal mail/DHL. Is £2.75 the amount that it costs to send a typical study book by 2nd class Royal Mail? What happens if the actual delivery of the book costs me more than what the buyer has paid such as £4. Essentialy I'm asking how to send the book.

Cheers peeps.

ReputationRep:
    You can't change the P&P price, it's set by Amazon. It's never exactly right and can be completely different.

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to take the book to the post office, get them to weigh it up and everything and check the price of sending it 1st class. If you don't want to use amazon's price you could always try selling it on Ebay or another site

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.