Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: do you want to be treated like, and regarded as being the same as, a man? watch

• View Poll Results: Girls - do you want women to be treated identically to men?
    Yes! Aside from that annoying business of reproduction, there should be no difference seen between men and women.
    22.03%
    I'm not sure. I may clarify by posting in the thread!
    6.61%
    No, wtf? Men and women are quite different and I wouldn't want women to be treated exactly the same as men.
    43.17%
    z0mgpoll
    28.19%

ReputationRep:
    Poll included.

Girls, do you wish that you (and women in general) could come to treated as being no different to men? Essentially just as though you were a guy, in every sense?

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the situation.

Career and job prospect wise, yes.
    In a relationship (and other friendships), noo waayy.

ReputationRep:
    i voted

'Yes! Aside from that annoying business of reproduction, there should be no difference seen between men and women. '

ReputationRep:
    not sure - i think that opportunities/education etc. women should definately be treated the same. i also think that intelligence-wise they should be treated as the same.

however, there are differences. i am friends with a lot of blokes, and though i dont mind a bit of teasing, i couldnt cope with the onslaught of basically bullying guys give each other :P also i think there are some jobs that just straight out suit men better, e.g. the majority of completely physical jobs.

tbh, i think we've got it almost right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i voted

'Yes! Aside from that annoying business of reproduction, there should be no difference seen between men and women. '

Be alright if I started a fight with you on a night out then?

ReputationRep:
    Nah. I like being a pussy and having to be looked after and protected and needing others to wipe my own arse. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    When paying for things - no

ReputationRep:
    No. Men and women may be equal in value, but they are in no way the same, and it should stay that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i voted

You again!
    Once again, I disagree with u
    We both know that theres certain differences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    I'd love it if a guy had the balls to start a fight on me. I hate the idea that you shouldn't fight a woman - you shouldn't pick fights on the feeble, perhaps, but woman aren't all feeble. I'm tough. Bring it.

ReputationRep:
    No, I want men to be treated just like they are a woman.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be treated equal to, and for all women to be of equal worth and held in equal esteem as, men ... but equally does not mean the same. We shouldn't treat anyone, regardless of gender, the same as another person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anotheregostar)
    I'd love it if a guy had the balls to start a fight on me. I hate the idea that you shouldn't fight a woman - you shouldn't pick fights on the feeble, perhaps, but woman aren't all feeble. I'm tough. Bring it.
    Whilst there might be exceptions, you can't deny that men are biologically stronger and more aggressive than women.

ReputationRep:
    I also despise the way people say there are differences. Stereotypically there are differences, but very few people conform to a stereotype... People should just be able to be who they want to be, if a woman wants to act like a stereoype, that's fine, but as long as I don't have to conform. That's not saying I'm not a woman... I'm just, me. (lol that last line sounded lame but I couldn't think how else to put it.)

ReputationRep:

bring it on :rofl:

(Original post by exursist)

You again!
    Once again, I disagree with u
    We both know that theres certain differences.
    :lolwut: cant even remember chatting to you

and yes there are some differences, the question was though would you prefer to be tret like a man and my answer is yes

ReputationRep:
    Whilst there might be exceptions, you can't deny that men are biologically stronger and more aggressive than women.
    I'm not disagreeing. But there shouldn't be a blanket statement to apply to an entire, widely varied, section of society. Assuming a woman can't stand up for herself physically is a slight generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    No, Id like to think I'm confident enough in myself not to be one of those annoying girls who act like they have a chip on their shoulder. Those constantly pushing for 'equality' in an extreme sense of the word at every available opportunity. Eek, they annoy me. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Girls like to be treated the same as men only when it suits them. All other times it's sexist.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't people just be treated like people, with less of this stupid gender segregation nonsense.

I don't think anyone should pick a fight with anyone else, but especially anyone weaker (of either gender).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.