Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: do you want to be treated like, and regarded as being the same as, a man? watch

• View Poll Results: Girls - do you want women to be treated identically to men?
    Yes! Aside from that annoying business of reproduction, there should be no difference seen between men and women.
    22.03%
    I'm not sure. I may clarify by posting in the thread!
    6.61%
    No, wtf? Men and women are quite different and I wouldn't want women to be treated exactly the same as men.
    43.17%
    z0mgpoll
    28.19%

ReputationRep:
    there are more important issues right now than slight differences between how men and women are treated.

ReputationRep:
    Each person should be treated differently based on their individual qualities.

Some men are feminine. Some women are masculine.
    Some men are weak. Some women are strong.
    Some men are stupid. Some women are intelligent.
    Some men are poor. Some women are rich.
    Some men are emotional. Some women are cold-hearted.
    Some men love cooking. Some women love eating what the man cooked.
    Some men love their families. Some women love their careers.
    Some men want lots of children. Some women want lots of money.

Not every woman and man is the same! :mad:

I am fed up of so many men acting like your biological sex automatically determines what your personality is like and what you're capable of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -starlight-)
    Each person should be treated differently based on their individual qualities.

Some men are feminine. Some women are masculine.
    Some men are weak. Some women are strong.
    Some men are stupid. Some women are intelligent.
    Some men are poor. Some women are rich.
    Some men are emotional. Some women are cold-hearted.
    Some men love cooking. Some women love eating what the man cooked.
    Some men love their families. Some women love their careers.
    Some men want lots of children. Some women want lots of money.

Not every woman and man is the same! :mad:

I am fed up of so many men acting like your biological sex automatically determines what your personality is like and what you're capable of.
    Sounds like you're trying to stereotype an entire gender... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JME10)
    So if a man was to batter you in a street, you would have no issue if males in the surrounding area did nothing to help. With no difference in treatment based on gender, it would be considered a simple one on one, no?
    i wouldnt care if someone helped me, in fact in this day and age the way things are i would say they would be crazy to help me, lets face it chances are the person attacking me is prob carrying some kind of weapon, i would never expect someone to risk their life for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom1390)
    We're the same species.

And women like you, housewives etc, actually have a little less value than men.

Housewife wtf? When did I say that? Are you assuming that I'm the type who thinks men belong in the workplace and women belong in the kitchen? No :sigh: you totally misunderstood me. All I meant was that men and women have differences eg men are generally stronger than women and women are generally more emotionally mature than men and are better than the other at certain things. I never said we shouldn't have equal rights and nor did I say women are of less value.

I think it's quite sad how just becuase I didn't show any hint of feminism in what I said, you immediately assumed I'm from a family of suppressed housewives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lollyage)
    Housewife wtf? When did I say that? Are you assuming that I'm the type who thinks men belong in the workplace and women belong in the kitchen? No :sigh: you totally misunderstood me. All I meant was that men and women have differences eg men are generally stronger than women and women are generally more emotionally mature than men and are better than the other at certain things. I never said we shouldn't have equal rights and nor did I say women are of less value.

I think it's quite sad how just becuase I didn't show any hint of feminism in what I said, you immediately assumed I'm from a family of suppressed housewives.
    No offense to you or many other women but I dont think women are more emotionally mature than men in fact its either equal or women are worse, is it not stereotypically women who cry when relationships go bad, or if something upsets them?

Plus the fact that IMO that women just pretend to be more mature as they realise that is the easiest way to get what you want(perhaps I worded that wrong) men have to go more into the stereotypical roles thought of them i.e be jack the lads and if they dont they are seen as weird so many guys have to act loud, just as women learn to be quiet otherwise they are seen as loud and annoying, neither is really valid but creates a sense of familiarity as people hate changes.

ReputationRep:
    Girls shouldn't have equal rights as men, they should be classed lower then men. Misbehave and they should be given the death penalty.

ReputationRep:
    equality in the dating game would be nice!! I dont see why men should be expected to pay on the first date so much!! sure 70 years ago most woman didnt work so it was only practical for men to pay and take the lead in such things but times have changed. romance works both ways LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrenpenalver)
    equality in the dating game would be nice!! I dont see why men should be expected to pay on the first date so much!! sure 70 years ago most woman didnt work so it was only practical for men to pay and take the lead in such things but times have changed. romance works both ways LOL
    Yup, when a girl offers to buy me a drink a first, she's got my attention, if only because she's at least trying to not be a stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by time.to.dance)
    Depends on the situation.

Career and job prospect wise, yes.
    In a relationship (and other friendships), noo waayy.
    well put.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.