Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: do you want to be treated like, and regarded as being the same as, a man? Watch

• View Poll Results: Girls - do you want women to be treated identically to men?
    Yes! Aside from that annoying business of reproduction, there should be no difference seen between men and women.
    22.03%
    I'm not sure. I may clarify by posting in the thread!
    6.61%
    No, wtf? Men and women are quite different and I wouldn't want women to be treated exactly the same as men.
    43.17%
    z0mgpoll
    28.19%

ReputationRep:
    I would like men and women to be treated like unique human people and not forced to behave or live in the way that society deems is 'feminine' or 'masculine' just because they have a vagina or a penis.

Edit: and I am disappointed with the large number of dumb responses. Not because of the opinions, but most of you haven't tried to back them up. I'd like to see a girl say something well-reasoned about why they would like to be treated differently for being a female.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like it very much if it wasn't assumed that I'd automatically be crap at certain things just because I'm a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciawhobat)
    Is that what you'd say to the police man who tries to stop you getting mugged and raped, or the fireman who wants to pull you out of a burning building?
    ... I think this is robably the worst thing I have read on this thread so far. you do realise that woman can and are police officers and firemen.. Anyway, if I was saved from a fire, and it happened to be a man, it's not because I'm a woman and he's a man, the fireman rescued me - it's their job. gender plays no part in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    what a crock of ****, i never have and never will need a man to protect and take care of me, i can do that myself
    are you a feminist by any chance???

also, I am yet to meet a girl who doesn't like to feel safe in their boyfriend's arms or enjoy bieng taken care of every now and again.....then again, there is a first for everything

oh and....about not needing male protection....when I last looked women weren't allowed in the infantry, so in an indirect way you are constantly protected by men......dubious point, I know, but a valid one nevertheless

ReputationRep:
    If I was a girl I'd say "no, I like cheaper car insurance" :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    Be alright if I started a fight with you on a night out then?
    this

if you want equality, you can have pure equality. but if you just want the good points, i suggest you haul ass back to the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    No, of course not. I would like to be treated like a female, and would also like to be treated with respect, and as someone fully capable and of equal value to everyone else in the world, male or female.

I really disagree with the implication here that to be treated equally is to be treated like a man. I shouldn't have to become less like a woman, or deny my womanhood, to be treated equally and respectfully.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a GIRL, why would i want to be treated like a boy?!

ReputationRep:
    EQUALITY

that doesn't necessarily mean i want to be treated as a man,there are things i really love about being a girl and as mee\n and women are so different it would be unfair to women to treat them as men but it would also be unfair to the man - im sure men love generally being the stronger sex whereas women like being feminine. But when it comes to salary and opportunities then i definitely think there should be equality and no gender bias
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    intellectually yes, physically no!
    I'm aware of my limitations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cesare Borgia)
    Be alright if I started a fight with you on a night out then?
    It wouldn't be alright for you to start a fight with anyone on a night out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    are you a feminist by any chance???

also, I am yet to meet a girl who doesn't like to feel safe in their boyfriend's arms or enjoy bieng taken care of every now and again.....then again, there is a first for everything

oh and....about not needing male protection....when I last looked women weren't allowed in the infantry, so in an indirect way you are constantly protected by men......dubious point, I know, but a valid one nevertheless

im not a feminist tbh i just dont need a man to make me feel safe, my bf doesnt take care of me anyway its more the other way around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    im not a feminist tbh i just dont need a man to make me feel safe, my bf doesnt take care of me anyway its more the other way around
    lmaolmaolmoalmoalmaolmaolmao

you must be ******* huge.

ReputationRep:
    You misconstrued my point which was that men and women should be equal in terms of opportunity, pay, etc. In other words, women should not be unfairly disadvantaged.

(This thread stems from another where I said men and women should be treated equally).

ReputationRep:
    No. Men and women are very different.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Just for fun, maybe we could try and go a whole week without zombifying this rotting corpse of a topic and dragging it back to the surface for further torment and abuse.

Seriously guys, it's boring. More than that, its just plain cruel. Let it rest in peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by small_fry)
    that's what the government would like us to believe :P
    i bet its a massive conspiracy.

ReputationRep:
    There can never be equal treatment. We can try for the sake of gender equality, but I don't believe there can be complete equal treatment...and there shouldn't be, it's what keeps a distinguished difference between men and women.

There are things women are far superior to men in, and there are things men are far superior to women in....I believe there should be equal respect definately, but equal treatment in the practical world in application of whatever is not the way in my opinion.

I like to think that men can go and contribute using their best qualities, and women can go and contribute using their best qualities to make a complete package in society with the result being as good as it can be. The harsh reality is there are things each gender is better than the other in (generally speaking). By forcing for an attainable equality by letting the other gender do it not as well...it just compromises the end result.

So I say, equal respect, equal opportunities, but there can't be equality in everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissFanatical)
    lmaolmaolmoalmoalmaolmaolmao

you must be ******* huge.
    i dont mean in a fight, i mean in general day to day life :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    errr do i look like a dyke doe?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.