Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So my girl and I have been dating for about a year, and it's great but recently it seems like we aren't quite as close as we used to be. We've both been busy lately really we always are busy so I think slowly we've started to hang out less and less. She talked to me about it today and said she was sad and felt like we weren't as close as we were even a month ago. It was sort of a surprise at first when she said it but then I realize now it shouldn't have been because I noticed things have been different between us. Just for example, a little colder between the two of us, and I ask and she would just say she was tired because she didn't really feel ready/want to bring up the real reason yet. So we talked about it and I was really worried at first but now I kind of feel like we've just been neglecting each other and things will go back to normal if we just make more of an effort to spend time with each other. Has this happened to anyone else? What kinds of things did you do? Does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions as to how to bring us closer?

ReputationRep:
    relationships go through ups and downs, not to worry. perhaps you both being busy has just meant you have forgotten what it was like when you were much closer, and you both obviously care enough and are mature enough to talk about it. take her out, do something fun for the night, and make her remember how much fun you can have together. dont bring up any problems, just have fun . after that, maybe this will help you remember how things were? talking is key so just make sure you keep talking about your feelings good or bad

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.