Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I agree with OP. For some reason it has become 'fashionable' to complain about the country. Much of our generation thinks society owes us something, and so we moan, when really there are men and women of the past who have contributed far much more to our country which has enabled us to live as comfortably as most of us do today.

ReputationRep:
    I complain about England because its SO COLDDDDDD and the constant grey clouds and skies are depressing, we see sun like 5 days a year =/ otherwise i feel quite lucky to be living here because its developed and people can live well compared to lots of other countries. But when im older and can afford it, im soo living in some sunny, hot country for at least 6 months of the year xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanzeel)
    PS. For the life of me, I can't see why anyone would come here as a tourist
    Hmmmmm well let's see shall we.

- London - the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, Covent Garden, Camden Markets, Brick Lane & Spitalfields Market, the British Museum, the V & A Museum, the Tate Modern, the National Portrait Gallery, the National Science Museum, the Natural History Museum, the Imperial War Museum, Big Ben & Westminster Palace, Kensington Palace, Kew Gardens, Oxford Street, Madame Tussauds, concerts at the O2 Arena, Trafalgar Square, Hyde Park, Regent's Park, St James' Park, the West End, the Notting Hill Carnival, St Paul's Cathedral, London Zoo...

- Beautiful and historic cities like York, Bath, Canterbury, Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, Chester, Edinburgh, St David's etc.

- The Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales, the Peak District, the Cotswolds, the beaches of Cornwall & Devon & Norfolk, the Gower Peninsula in South Wales (the first British Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and brilliant beaches ), the Brecon Beacons, the New Forest, the Forest of Dean, Exmoor & Dartmoor & Bodmin Moor, the Scottish Highlands, the Cairngorms, Snowdonia, the Norfolk Broads, the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland...

- Towns and cities with a brilliant nightlife and shopping etc. like London, Manchester, Newcastle-on-Tyne, Liverpool, Cardiff, Glasgow, Brighton, Bristol...

- Small towns which are known for particular things, for example Hay-on-Wye (secondhand bookshops, the famous literary festival), Newquay (surfing), Windsor (Windsor Palace), St Ives (painters), etc.

- Miscellania - the ring of Medieval castles in North Wales, Stonehenge & Avebury, Loch Ness, Hampton Court, Land's End, Stratford-on-Avon & the Shakespeare link, Wimbledon, the Edinburgh Festival, the various theme parks like Alton Towers

There's tons of reason why tourists will and do come to Britain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Well, you must appreciate that not all of us have so much time on our hands and have the ability to be so petty. There are so many contradictions in what you just wrote I havn't got enough time or energy to exploit them all. So, are you done? or would you like to ramble on some more?
    :yawn:
    Not enough time? Time enough to post a paragraph on absolutely nothing at all, and another 2,500 posts on TSR...

Look if you can't justify your opinion then it's cool, just don't reply at all. No one's forcing you to. But don't make a post about how you don't have time to make a post, and then hint that you know exactly what is wrong with my argument without, ya know, saying what is wrong with my argument. Doesn't achieve anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by touchofclass)
    Look if you can't justify your opinion then it's cool, just don't reply at all. No one's forcing you to. But don't make a post about how you don't have time to make a post, and then hint that you know exactly what is wrong with my argument without, ya know, saying what is wrong with my argument. Doesn't achieve anything mate
    I'll tell you what was wrong with your post.

You said:

No exactly it isn't a good indicator of quality of life, which reinforces my point. GDP shows global economic prestige etc. that you seem to think was and is so important...
    This is coming from a jackass who had just said:

What exactly do you want from Britain? To be a brutal colonial power again? We have the 6th largest GDP in the world yet you somehow say we're 'deprived'.
    So on one hand you say GDP is not a good indicator of quality of life and isn't so important, and on the other you use the fact that Britain has the 6th largest in a positive context favour of your argument? Looks like I'm not the only one who thought it was so important :rolleyes: which is ofcourse another delusional misinterpretation of yours, because I never implied that the time was so great because of Britain's relative GDP...you just pulled that out of your ass.

You make it too easy :sigh:
    Explain what you mean by 'can't justify your opinion'? If that means consistantly contradicting myself like you've done so well then yeah, I can't :rolleyes:

You insolent little boy, do you not know any better? Don't be so quick to make out as if my unwillingness to respond to your frankly pathetic (and way too easy to exploit) post is because I can't justify it. It was because firstly, you come across as so idiotic I believe you lack the intelligence to contemplate the different perspectives put across...in other words, I'm not convinced you have the mental capacity for my posts to take affect, you're beyond reasoning with. To be honest I feel quite degraded arguing with a user who feels so challenged by common sense...I'd rather use my time debating with people who can remember what they said a few minutes earlier so as not to contradict themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)

yes but you weren't mugged so it doesn't effect you does it?:confused: You are also not effected by inner city knife gang which bar very few instances, causes death to only those in gangs, so by the logic which you have presented, you should not be worried.
    But I currently live in a area where this is a issue , So what are you suggesting? Don't worry about it meanwhile being are getting shot and stabbed in the area you live in and your advice is don't worry about it.

Lol I seriously suggest you spend a while in a bad area I think you'd choose your words more wisely.

Labour introduced immigration to this country but what has it contributed apart from a strain on our services and areas being turned into "Ghettos" in which no one wishes to interact with other races.

What a good idea immigration was, NOT

ReputationRep:
    We are one of the wealthiest countries in the world. Many of us have access to many luxuries such as computers, decent washing facillities, books, Televisions, social amneties and so on. We have a long, proud history. Tourists from all over flock to our shores to see such sights as Buckingham Palace, The houses of Parliament etc all signs of our rich culture. We live in a country where extreme forms of poverty are restricted to an unfortunate few, and the majority of poorer people have access to social help.

Compared to other countries, we have unprecedented amount of say in our Governments runnings. People are not killed or imprisoned for having socially deviant views. The list goes on, my point is with all this, why do people insist on consistantly searching for negative aspects of our country to moan about? Immigration, knife crime, the governments corrupt, kids are getting ruder, its dangerous to even go out side, blah blah blah blah!

There are people who live by picking scraps of metal out of land fill sites and yet some of us sit at our computers with our central heated houses or flats moaning about the abysmal state of life today!? How does this work?

I guess I just thought I'd add perspectove, comment.......
    Is it not merely a British, or well more to the point, English social convention?

ReputationRep:
    I think we like to moan about pretty much anything to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, the weather is awful isn't it, pet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splodger)
    But I currently live in a area where this is a issue , So what are you suggesting? Don't worry about it meanwhile being are getting shot and stabbed in the area you live in and your advice is don't worry about it.

Lol I seriously suggest you spend a while in a bad area I think you'd choose your words more wisely.

Labour introduced immigration to this country but what has it contributed apart from a strain on our services and areas being turned into "Ghettos" in which no one wishes to interact with other races.

What a good idea immigration was, NOT
    amusing that you're blaming immigrants for crime and ghetto lifestyles when you have lyrics promoting violence in your signature.

Stop trying to big yourself up. I have been jumped, attacked with things and so I am guessing I have had more encounters with this kind of violence then you have. I have gone raving in rough areas and so am fully aware what goes on. My point is people are not getting shot and stabbed in the area, you make it sound like these things are spontaneous and done at random.

But more research and you will find that those who get stabbed and shot are in most cases gang members or criminals themselves.

Its also sad that you can't make up your own mind, preferring to rip your commentary on immigration and labour from the pages of the sun or express. segregation and the establishment of ethnic enclaves was a result of the very first waves of immigrants being persecuted by members of the public.

Some understanding of the world around you and you will realize immigration comes hand in hand with heavily capitalist countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shortarse1)
    Because the government are taking a good country and making it worse.

Who needs sovereignty when you have the EU and the 'Liberal' Elite?
    If you can elaborate how this government are making this country worse. It seems like your throwing around empty phrases.

Liberal Elite? I see your one of these people who take a political side and blindly support them as if it was football.

ReputationRep:
    If you can elaborate how this government are making this country worse. It seems like your throwing around empty phrases.

Liberal Elite? I see your one of these people who take a political side and blindly support them as if it was football.
    Our judiciary has all common sense ripped out of it, our soverignty as a nation is slowly being eroded and the public services are being ruined.

Use your eyes cretin; They act as if they're truly liberal when really they'll do whatever they feel is needed to mould society to their image regardless of the rights they infringe (that's why I wrote 'Liberal') and elite because they act as if we are not capable of thinking for ourselves and making our own decisions, whilst making sure they live comfortable lives.

I see you're one of those cocks who actually believe Labour has done well and while blindly tow the party line regardless of reality.

ReputationRep:
    We are British. We like to moan.

This being said there is so much wrong with this country at the moment I can't even begin to start, which is why I want to move to the States/Canada/Australia when I graduate.

ReputationRep:
    Our judiciary has all common sense ripped out of it, our soverignty as a nation is slowly being eroded and the public services are being ruined.

Use your eyes cretin; They act as if they're truly liberal when really they'll do whatever they feel is needed to mould society to their image regardless of the rights they infringe (that's why I wrote 'Liberal') and elite because they act as if we are not capable of thinking for ourselves and making our own decisions, whilst making sure they live comfortable lives.

I see you're one of those cocks who actually believe Labour has done well and while blindly tow the party line regardless of reality.
    loooooool "cretin" priceless.
    I would have thought you were some noncy up your arse mug but your use of the word **** makes me question both your age and maturity.

I think your one of these people who haven't got a clue about what they say.

Open my eyes? You were 5 when labour came to power, hardly an age of political awareness. So really how can you make a judgment about
    labour when you dont have any personal experience to bench mark.

I dont tow labour blindly. You see i am not one of these people who suddenly descend onto the first bit of political knowledge they acquire and follow a political party as if it was a football team, going on some unsubstantiated hate spree about the rivals.

stop trying to be someone your not matey because your wealth of ignorance just makes you look like a muppet.

ReputationRep:
    Don't try and take intellectual high ground with me like that.

Shortarse.
    This neg rep you kindly left me highlights your arrogance. As if your views are superior to everyone else's.

ReputationRep:
    loooooool "cretin" priceless.
    I would have thought you were some noncy up your arse mug but your use of the word **** makes me question both your age and maturity.

I think your one of these people who haven't got a clue about what they say.

Open my eyes? You were 5 when labour came to power, hardly an age of political awareness. So really how can you make a judgment about
    labour when you dont have any personal experience to bench mark.

I dont tow labour blindly. You see i am not one of these people who suddenly descend onto the first bit of political knowledge they acquire and follow a political party as if it was a football team, going on some unsubstantiated hate spree about the rivals.

stop trying to be someone your not matey because your wealth of ignorance just makes you look like a muppet.
    Your rep speaks for itself really. This government is crap, I hate this government because they are crap. I made a point, you asked for it to be substantiated, I did so, then you ignore my arguments and talk about how young I am and effectively say I can't have an opinion. On top of that you say it on a website that consists of users mostly in my age group.

Did you get banned from the big boys forum, so you came here and now dream of the day you can ban any user on this site who is under thirty from posting threads like this?

"You must be this old to have an opinion, anything you do say will be ignored"

Yep, you're still a **** and as your reputation shows I'm not the only one who thinks so.

This neg rep you kindly left me highlights your arrogance. As if your views are superior to everyone else's.
    This was for the manner you replied to me. Having to post it on the forum for all to see shows how you really just want sympathy from other users and a high level of immaturity yourself. On top of that you're pretty arrogant too, acting as if you're so right you don't even need to respond to someones' argument.

ReputationRep:

Stop trying to big yourself up. I have been jumped, attacked with things and so I am guessing I have had more encounters with this kind of violence then you have.
    Oh please you sound like a Labour lover , and for big myself up nah not my style, Plus I highly doubt you have been "jumped/attacked" with things. You sound the type to run when violence comes to you instead of standing ground.

As for immigration it was the worst thing that has happened to this country you can simply stroll in to this country and say " I'm being hunted down" claim a visa then simply don't offer anything to this country nor do they bother to learn the lingo.

What Labour and their goons should have done was only those who can offer something to this country EG Doctors , Heart surgeons , Dentists not familys who don't have nothing what are they going to offer.

I sugest you'll carry on supporting Labour and why not knock on people's doors and tell them why to still vote for them.

If not go sign yourself up to UAF as you seem the type who relishes the rise of immigration in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    Your rep speaks for itself really. This government is crap, I hate this government because they are crap. I made a point, you asked for it to be substantiated, I did so, then you ignore my arguments and talk about how young I am and effectively say I can't have an opinion. On top of that you say it on a website that consists of users mostly in my age group.

Did you get banned from the big boys forum, so you came here and now dream of the day you can ban any user on this site who is under thirty from posting threads like this?

"You must be this old to have an opinion, anything you do say will be ignored"

Yep, you're still a **** and as your reputation shows I'm not the only one who thinks so.

This was for the manner you replied to me. Having to post it on the forum for all to see shows how you really just want sympathy from other users and a high level of immaturity yourself. On top of that you're pretty arrogant too, acting as if you're so right you don't even need to respond to someones' argument.
    Hmm my point was though that you have nothing to compare this
    government to. I apologize if I came off arrogant but on this forum all I have come across is those who say the governments ****, with out really saying why bar immigrants knife crime and I get neg repped for suggesting otherwise.

I am your age, I was not looking down on you, merely stating that for us to completely and so strongly dismiss this government without experience of life under the previous government isnt 100pc valid.

Ill ignore your antagonistic attitude as it discredits any sense of maturity your trying to portray. My point with the **** thing was that it is rather a childish insult.

As stated my rep comes from replying to threads such as "MUSLIMS WANT TO ENSLAVE THIS COUNTRY" and "BNP WILL SAVE US ALL". Obviously as you can tell I do not follow these and any neutral attempt to correct some of the "facts" they spout ends in a stream of neg rep. Judging me on my internet forum reputation is slightly shallow?

I do not get this bolded bit. perhaps you could have worded it better. I resent being called arrogant by someone who descends on to this thread, leaves his views and if challenged, begins to demean and insult that person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splodger)
    Oh please you sound like a Labour lover , and for big myself up nah not my style, Plus I highly doubt you have been "jumped/attacked" with things. You sound the type to run when violence comes to you instead of standing ground.

As for immigration it was the worst thing that has happened to this country you can simply stroll in to this country and say " I'm being hunted down" claim a visa then simply don't offer anything to this country nor do they bother to learn the lingo.

What Labour and their goons should have done was only those who can offer something to this country EG Doctors , Heart surgeons , Dentists not familys who don't have nothing what are they going to offer.

I sugest you'll carry on supporting Labour and why not knock on people's doors and tell them why to still vote for them.

If not go sign yourself up to UAF as you seem the type who relishes the rise of immigration in Britain.
    wow im not actually joking, your so smart lad. I love your complex understanding of our immigration system, your abillity to determine someones fighting capacity from just a couple of posts.

Fact is, you dont know me at all. What makes you doubt me getting jumped? Your starting to get abit too green street with all this "stand your ground and fight" crap.

As for immigration and your attempt to sound smart, it doesnt really work. Labour Lover? You muppet. I have no affiliation or loyalty to any party. They all have the same aims of getting into power, which is fair enough because that is the idea of their jobs. They are literally the same item, packaged differently. I neither support or dislike the present government. Unfortunately your ignorance in this subject has led Labour to be a buzzword for someone who holds different views form the norm.

Labour and their Goons? What? I thought you disliked the "ghetto culture" that you say immigration has brought over? Why are you speaking like them. Im no Psycho-analyst but I would say that your some little wannabe street kid who lives in fairly decent surroundings. You come on this forum and you try and peddle some false image of your self as "street tough" and politically aware. Since much of your knowledge of our Immigration services appear to have come from the Sun, I recommend perhaps some more worthy literature to read on the subject.

UAF? They are nearly as bad as you. A bunch of people who have no genuine and defined idea of politics but they take sides and support them to the death. However, in their defence, atleast their opinions arnet based on what the Sun says. Indeed I dislike BNP but not only for their silly immigration. look at the rest of their policies and their not actually feasible to implement.

Relish Immigration? Erm no, however I am educated enough to understand the fairly basic relationship between the capitalist society we live in and its need for immigrants as a source of cheap labour.

If you want to take part in debates atleast provide true and informed contributions whether they are for or against my own views.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm my point was though that you have nothing to compare this
    government to. I apologize if I came off arrogant but on this forum all I have come across is those who say the governments ****, with out really saying why bar immigrants knife crime and I get neg repped for suggesting otherwise.

I am your age, I was not looking down on you, merely stating that for us to completely and so strongly dismiss this government without experience of life under the previous government isnt 100pc valid.

Ill ignore your antagonistic attitude as it discredits any sense of maturity your trying to portray. My point with the **** thing was that it is rather a childish insult.

As stated my rep comes from replying to threads such as "MUSLIMS WANT TO ENSLAVE THIS COUNTRY" and "BNP WILL SAVE US ALL". Obviously as you can tell I do not follow these and any neutral attempt to correct some of the "facts" they spout ends in a stream of neg rep. Judging me on my internet forum reputation is slightly shallow?

I do not get this bolded bit. perhaps you could have worded it better. I resent being called arrogant by someone who descends on to this thread, leaves his views and if challenged, begins to demean and insult that person.
    Just because we don't have a vast experience of past governments does not make us unable to know when something is bad.

Sending an Army underfunded to war for example. Taking us into a recession that is longer and deeper than the one seen under Thatcher, and we all know how people love to say how bad that was.

Increasing the national debt massively while introducing such stupid policies as positive discrimination. In 2006 we had over 3000 new criminal offences introduced since '97.

Yeah, that's bad and that's why this government is bad. Roll on the election.

"Liberal Elite? I see your one of these people who take a political side and blindly support them as if it was football."

You attacked me first, so don't act as if you're the victim. This is my last post anyway, I shouldn't be feeding Labour Trolls.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.