Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there,

    I'm really wanting to get an A in GSCE French but I just want to clarify what I need to do to enter.:confused:
    How many Higher papers do I need to take to get an A?
    I thought the maximum grades were for:
    4F = C
    3F + 1H = B
    2F + 2H = A
    1 F + 3H = A
    4H = A*

    Really need a quick response please.
    Much apreciated.

    Is This With The AQA Board?

    If it is with the AQA Board then to get an A you need to somehow get 280 UMS points.

    The most you can get on a foundation paper is 59 UMS. The most on a higher paper is 90.

    Therefore to get an A (using the AQA board, not too sure if its another board) you need to use a combination of higher and foundation papers to get 280.

    Also, if you do coursework, this isn't tiered so you could anything from an A*-G on this, so coursework can help people get higher grades in languages.

    Hope this helps a little bit
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.