Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Used to have facebook-deleted it-should i get it back watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Buhdunno. Do what you like.

/helpfulness

ReputationRep:
    Chill out, I have facebook and it isn't special, rarely use it as ringing is so much easier than typing.

ReputationRep:
    No -Facebook is for sheep, and it will die out like Pokemon did... Online public database? No thanks.

(Original post by twinkle243)
    Ok, so basically I deleted my facebook about a year ago :eek3:
    The reasons:
    I don't like the way people could find out every social event I went to
    Made me depressed looking at everyone elses fun looking lives
    Basically it turned me into a facebook stalker, and I didn't enjoy it any more

But recently I have been thinking about joining back up, mainly to take a look of a lot of pictures that have been taken of me at various occasions

What do you guys think, I know facebook is 'a really good way to keep in contact with friends,' and bla bla bla, but I felt totally exposed when I was on it, and for that reason don't want to return:confused: :confused:

I don't know how to do a poll, but how many of you have facbook, like it etc

Are you suspicious of people that don't have facebook, what do you think of them

yeah them sly guys who dont have facebook are so obviously some sort of undercover mi5 thing or something

ReputationRep:
    Just because you have it doesn't mean you have to go on it. I have Facebook and barely use it. I used to look at photos of people at parties and feel really sad that I didn't get invited, but then I realised how much better my life is than theirs in other ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheatreLovely)
    Just because you have it doesn't mean you have to go on it. I have Facebook and barely use it. I used to look at photos of people at parties and feel really sad that I didn't get invited, but then I realised how much better my life is than theirs in other ways.
    Same. Except for the italics of course.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you know you can still view the pics even if your not a member as long as someone send you think link to the album?

ReputationRep:
    Its up to you! Nothing special. The novelty wears off after a while!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dsp911)
    No -Facebook is for sheep, and it will die out like Pokemon did... Online public database? No thanks.
    is this sarcasm?

because facebook is a useful communication tool, and to my knowledge pokemon is still going strong, and has a large older fanbase, even on tsr :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    I got sick of facebook too. It's bad enough when people insist on taking photos all night, without having to be notified of them the next day. Besides, the only people that messaged me were those that I frequently see and those that seem to spend their lives on there, only to say 'hey, how r u?' and waste their time on pointless applications.

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow: I use it for games, I stalk a little, but if there wasn't any apps I probably wouldn't use it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dichr0ic)
    is this sarcasm?

because facebook is a useful communication tool, and to my knowledge pokemon is still going strong, and has a large older fanbase, even on tsr :fyi:
    Nah - no sarcasm, just a hatred of facebook.

as for Pokemon ... errm may be it's time I stopped using TSR :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Increase your privacy settings. People don't have to be able to see all the events you go to if you increase the settings. At uni, because I have a large group of friends and aquaintances, facebook is almost essential to keep up to date with things, particularly society events and stuff. The reason being, it's easier to organise large group social occasions when you have a busy life and don't always see everyone every day. I also just don't have everyone's phone number (it'd be pretty impossible to keep up with if I did). Use it as much or as little as you want. It doesn't exactly have to control your life or invade your privacy. I'd say it's usually only beneficial if you have a lot of social events happening throughout your week and have a large social network (hence social networking website... makes sense really). I also like to see the photos.

ReputationRep:
    Nah - no sarcasm, just a hatred of facebook.

as for Pokemon ... errm may be it's time I stopped using TSR :eek3:
    :beard: what do you hate about it so much, that you've reduced it to a plaything of sheep?

:lol: possibly

ReputationRep:
    well, welcome to the wonderful world of facebook; for people who probably don't really exist in reality.

ReputationRep:
    :beard: what do you hate about it so much, that you've reduced it to a plaything of sheep?

:lol: possibly
    Sheep; as in people get it just because other people have it... following the trend.

I hear people complaining about ID cards and the whole 'big brother' state. How can they flippin' moan when they put their personal details and everything they do online? :eek3: Just seems madness to me!

Email, msn , mobile phones, even Skype - what more types of communication do we need?! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Sheep; as in people get it just because other people have it... following the trend.

I hear people complaining about ID cards and the whole 'big brother' state. How can they flippin' moan when they put their personal details and everything they do online? :eek3: Just seems madness to me!

Email, msn , mobile phones, even Skype - what more types of communication do we need?! :eek3:
    true true

i try to put as little information on my facebook as possible, and i have few pictures (but still possibly too many :ninja:), but isn't one of the merits of facebook the fact that so many people have it? it makes it much easier to actually find someone you're looking for, and contact them

ReputationRep:
    true true

i try to put as little information on my facebook as possible, and i have few pictures (but still possibly too many :ninja:), but isn't one of the merits of facebook the fact that so many people have it? it makes it much easier to actually find someone you're looking for, and contact them
    Makes it a lot easier to find someone who may not necessarily want you to find them! And with google street view as well... ahh I'm getting paranoid :woo: ha ha

ReputationRep:
    Your concerns are definitely understandable OP!
    But I just reactivated my facebook account a few nights ago, one of the best decisions in a while...it's so fun! I definitely recommend it :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.