Turn on thread page Beta

Why have I suddenly developed eczema? watch

ReputationRep:
    I went to the doctors last month because I thought I had an ear infection but it turns out I have ear eczema. Why on earth, after living for 21 years without any skin problems, would I suddenly develop eczema inside of my ears :confused:

I can't seem to find any info about what can cause it, most websites say mostly children get it and it usually clears up before age 25.

ReputationRep:
    Are you stressed out about something at the moment? Eczema can be triggered by stress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beige_Angel)
    Are you stressed out about something at the moment? Eczema can be triggered by stress.
    Nope. I don't have any food allergies either and haven't had a change of diet.

ReputationRep:
    http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/eczema.html#3
    Lots of causes here: most relevant would be i suppose change of shampoo? I would say soap only I don't tend to wash the inside of my ears lol.
    Orrr been wearing a new hat recently?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... it could be hormones... but at the age of 21 I doubt that would be it.
    Or yeah, like deutsch_beth says, mahybe a change of shampoo?

ReputationRep:
    My brother suffers from eczema, and he's 23. His is caused by stress and depression, and some foods.

He also just a generally dry skin, which may also cause it.

Sometimes it happens like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/eczema.html#3
    Lots of causes here: most relevant would be i suppose change of shampoo? I would say soap only I don't tend to wash the inside of my ears lol.
    Orrr been wearing a new hat recently?
    Thanks for the link. I don't think it'd be shampoo, I don't use stuff with harsh chemicals. Didn't know periods could be a cause, mine have got slightly longer in between so maybe thats it... I'll mention it to my doc when I next see her.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe this horrible weather (if your in London), ive got eczema on my hands it was all fine and clear but then winter came its all sore...

ReputationRep:
    I totally feel for you, I have psoriasis in my ears, it's a biatch. It can just emerge like that though.

ReputationRep:
    Hello I am a 56 year old woman, couple of weeks ago I notice some spots on my fingers and toes and hands went to the doctor and I was told I have eczema I can't remember ever had it before how could this happens.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2015
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.