Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i was just wondering if i am eligable for travel expenses for getting to and from uni everyday. I pay £171 for a 10 week zone card and through saas, however when i logged on it said that i the form that i hadnt applied for travel expensis however surely i am eligible for them, no?

any helps great cheers folks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steverockin)
    Hey, i was just wondering if i am eligable for travel expenses for getting to and from uni everyday. I pay £171 for a 10 week zone card and through saas, however when i logged on it said that i the form that i hadnt applied for travel expensis however surely i am eligible for them, no?

any helps great cheers folks
    Do they have your parent's income details? Travel expenses are means-tested so they need this before they can do anything.

If they do then you just need to fill out the long, boring and slightly confusing form (make sure you read what it's asking) and they should process it.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get a full loan? If not you can't get travel expenses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C. Fawlty)
    Did you get a full loan? If not you can't get travel expenses.
    That's not true. You can get travel expenses even if you don't have a loan, they just need parental income details to process the claim since expenses are means-tested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    That's not true. You can get travel expenses even if you don't have a loan, they just need parental income details to process the claim since expenses are means-tested.
    Correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneWho)
    Do they have your parent's income details? Travel expenses are means-tested so they need this before they can do anything.

If they do then you just need to fill out the long, boring and slightly confusing form (make sure you read what it's asking) and they should process it.
    Hey , yeah im not sure i never filled it in i left it to my stepdad, he entered the details, however he has just quit a jo and is temporary Unemployed, and my mums wages wouldnt be that great, so should i call up SAAS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steverockin)
    Hey , yeah im not sure i never filled it in i left it to my stepdad, he entered the details, however he has just quit a jo and is temporary Unemployed, and my mums wages wouldnt be that great, so should i call up SAAS?
    I'm not sure. They do take things like redundancy into account, like if there was a major drop in income. Don't know if it counts if you quit a job though. Probably contact them and see.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles

Official student finance zone

Quick Link

Unanswered SAAS Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.