Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was wondering the salary of a pharamacist
    could someone tell me the different types of pharamacist and there pay please?

Such as starting pay, and how much it can go up to if you work there for a while

How is the pay compared to optomotry (optician) and dentistry/doctor

ReputationRep:
    not sure on the number but brace your self, it is alot

ReputationRep:
    There are some other threads about this on here; thus the search function may serve useful to you.

However, for a ***BALL PARK*** figure, a newly qualified pharmacist can earn around £22-30k a year.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was £39K a year on average.

ReputationRep:
    i know someone who graduated from Manchester Uni. And as soon as he graduated he got a job in Boots. on a salary of about £35k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassan169)
    I thought it was £39K a year on average.
    Not right away, might take a couple of years to get to that. Depends what sector you're in too.

ReputationRep:
    22k preliminary year (usually max), then from there you take it where you want to go, you can usually get 3 year contracts with boots who give real good salaries. average is around 40k (which usually takes a good couple of years to get there).

people think you get like 35k starting salary, sorry to burst your bubble that isn't true maybe a few lucky ones but its not a average, no where near it.

I always thought average Pre-reg rate was ~15k-18k, new grad was ~18k (hospital, NHS Band 8a rates) or ~20-25k in community and ~22-25k industry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I always thought average Pre-reg rate was ~15k-18k, new grad was ~18k (hospital, NHS Band 8a rates) or ~20-25k in community and ~22-25k industry?
    No, avg prereg rate is now ~18-21k

First year qualified is the number i gave originally. newly qualified hospital pharmacists are band 6, not band 8a. Thus they get ~23k

Band 8 (like, consultant/cheif pharmacist grade) is more like ~50k

Community varies, but newly qualified is around 25-30k (~35-40k for manager rolled into the pharmacist role). These figures are very general so accept them with caution.

Industry differs as well depending what you do, how long you've been there, etc etc.

(Original post by TigerSwift)
    No, avg prereg rate is now ~18-21k

First year qualified is the number i gave originally. newly qualified hospital pharmacists are band 6, not band 8a. Thus they get ~23k

Band 8 (like, consultant/cheif pharmacist grade) is more like ~50k

Community varies, but newly qualified is around 25-30k (~35-40k for manager rolled into the pharmacist role). These figures are very general so accept them with caution.

Industry differs as well depending what you do, how long you've been there, etc etc.
    Wow, even better than I thought then

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.