Turn on thread page Beta

Chocolate replacement watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, as it says in the title- I normally eat a bit of chocolate every night after tea, but am looking to replace it with something healthier but still sweet. I already eat a lot lot of fruit... and other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    How about a yogurt? If you still have a craving for chocolate, try one of the chocolate flavoured ones. Weightwatchers do a good dessert yogurts range if you're looking for something healthier.

ReputationRep:
    Pineapple chunks. Yoghurt.

ReputationRep:
    Stop buying desserts, then you won't be able to have anything after dinner?

Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    ice cream.

you don't NEED anything after dinner (i assume you want to cut out chocolate for health reasons) why not just eat nothing.

ReputationRep:
    I like eating Ben & Jerrys Frozen Youghrt - its got alot less fat ∴ less calories

But its still chocolate

ReputationRep:
    There will never be a replacement for chocolate. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Cake.

ReputationRep:
    There is no replacement for chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    Mockolate

ReputationRep:
    Eating a bit of chocolate every night isn't unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Stop buying desserts, then you won't be able to have anything after dinner?

Just a thought.
    I don't buy desserts; one of the girls in our flat used to work at Cadburys and always has a box of chocolates on the go. I know I don't need anything but I always fancy something sweet in the evenings and whilst I'm not at all fat it would be better if it was good for me!

ReputationRep:
    Heroin.

ReputationRep:
    Rid the house of chocolate - and maybe have an apple instead - I still have cravings for it but I just dont buy it anymore

ReputationRep:
    Have a bar of Hershey's and you'll be put off chocolate for life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    Rid the house of chocolate - and maybe have an apple instead - I still have cravings for it but I just dont buy it anymore
    That's the issue- I live in halls and there's always chocolate around! And I already eat loads of fruit,it just never seems to hit the spot in the evenings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    That's the issue- I live in halls and there's always chocolate around! And I already eat loads of fruit,it just never seems to hit the spot in the evenings!
    I know what you mean, I am an utter girl (no offence) when it comes to chocolate - I find that it is only about half an hour after I have eaten that I crave it , if you get past that I sort of forget about it, so maybe go for a walk as soon as you eat or do some work etc ? My only method is getting rid of it completely so I feel for you :p:

ReputationRep:
    Müller fruit corners. Especially the peach and apricot ones. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    Really? I find it easier in halls because a) people don't leave chocolate lying around in the kitchen and b) you have to both get off your arse and pay for it yourself if you want it, unlike at home where it literally magically appears in my fridge. The jist being, I have majorly reduced my snacking.

But now I want chocolate even more than I did an hour ago >__< I'm going to have to get those fondant puddings from Co-op again *sigh*.

But anyway, a replacement? Erm...grapes are snacking food but you said you don't want fruit...yoghurt covered raisins? make something yourself like apple crumble or a pudding/cake of some kind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    Really? I find it easier in halls because a) people don't leave chocolate lying around in the kitchen and b) you have to both get off your arse and pay for it yourself if you want it, unlike at home where it literally magically appears in my fridge. The jist being, I have majorly reduced my snacking.

But now I want chocolate even more than I did an hour ago >__< I'm going to have to get those fondant puddings from Co-op again *sigh*.

But anyway, a replacement? Erm...grapes are snacking food but you said you don't want fruit...yoghurt covered raisins? make something yourself like apple crumble or a pudding/cake of some kind?
    As I said, the problem comes from one of the girls getting free samples all the time and leaving them in the kitchen. Not really into the idea of a cake or crumble, was kind of looking for something healthy, but yogurt covered raisins could be good!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.