Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

God women are damn near impossible to understand. Watch

I'm 18 and I met a girl who's almost 22 and is really attractive the other night while clubbing. She was really nice- we got on so well and flirted and danced quite a bit. I honestly thought that there was no chance at all of me getting anywhere with her. I didnt have a place to go back to so I asked if I could crash at her house if she didnt mind/had room etc and she instantly happily accepted.
    We hung out with her friends for a meal after clubbing and she was often telling them how I was really cool and great to talk to and complimenting me while trying to make it as least awkward as possible (me being a minimum of 3 years younger than any of them).
    After we got back to her place she said something like this:
    "Do you want to share the bed or go on the couch or what? I'd normally never trust some guy in bed with me, and especially people like *her male friends we'd been speaking to before* but I can tell you're not like them." (to be fair, I'm not.)
    I asked what she meant but she didnt give any clear answer...
    I chose the bed (let's be honest, who wouldn't) and we ended up sleeping close up with her in my arms. Nothing happened but I don't know if she wanted it to or what. I liked her more than I wanted to have sex with her and didnt want to blow it by doing something she had trusted me not to...
    Do you think I'm too nice and blew the chance to have an even more amazing night with a really hot 22yo? or do you think I did the right thing? Mixed signals, I'm so confused...I don't know what to think.

I asked the question yesterday but in a lot more detail, perhaps too much, put some people off. I didnt get many responses. if you want more detail read here.

ReputationRep:
    She'll be flattered that you respected her , if she wants a relationship she'll call you back.

ReputationRep:
    i think you did the right thing and probably gave that girl hope for the rest of the male race and a night that she'll remember for the right reasons

but yes we are impossible to understand, i feel sorry for men...if i was a man i would have gone gay a long time ago :P

ReputationRep:
    God and Women should never be juxtaposed in a sentence.

I mean for christ's sake......

(Original post by dfjr)
    God and Women should never be juxtaposed in a sentence.

I mean for christ's sake......
    Oh, I'm sorry :P:

well, just for anyone else concerned or confused, I'm not talking about "God women", just regular women. Well, actually just one really nice, very attractive one.

I think the understandability of 'God women' would require a whole new thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh, I'm sorry :P:

well, just for anyone else concerned or confused, I'm not talking about "God women", just regular women. Well, actually just one really nice, very attractive one.

I think the understandability of 'God women' would require a whole new thread.
    nah my comment would still hold true even if you put the comma in between the words. Wouldn't make a difference in that sense, lol.

I would give some helpful advice, but I'm not really one of those guys who claim to know everything about women. But trust me there are some on this forum. As for girls they always seem to have different opinions on the matter. And in the heat of the moment, people act strangely. Both women and men. It's very different looking in on the situation rather than being in the situation yourself.

I'd probably just go with your gut instinct. If you try and to take other people's advice and go ahead with that, you'll often head in flustered and nervous with other people's opinions roaming around the inside of your head. You're gonna feel more comfortable with your brain doing the thinking and saying what you really feel/what you personally think is right, than just parroting someone else.

Hey, I just gave some relationship advice. Might be a first

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and I met a girl who's almost 22 and is really attractive the other night while clubbing. She was really nice- we got on so well and flirted and danced quite a bit. I honestly thought that there was no chance at all of me getting anywhere with her.I didnt have a place to go back to so I asked if I could crash at her house if she didnt mind/had room etc and she instantly happily accepted.
    We hung out with her friends for a meal after clubbing and she was often telling them how I was really cool and great to talk to and complimenting me while trying to make it as least awkward as possible (me being a minimum of 3 years younger than any of them).
    After we got back to her place she said something like this:
    "Do you want to share the bed or go on the couch or what? I'd normally never trust some guy in bed with me, and especially people like *her male friends we'd been speaking to before* but I can tell you're not like them." (to be fair, I'm not.)
    I asked what she meant but she didnt give any clear answer...
    I chose the bed (let's be honest, who wouldn't) and we ended up sleeping close up with her in my arms. Nothing happened but I don't know if she wanted it to or what. I liked her more than I wanted to have sex with her and didnt want to blow it by doing something she had trusted me not to...
    Do you think I'm too nice and blew the chance to have an even more amazing night with a really hot 22yo? or do you think I did the right thing? Mixed signals, I'm so confused...I don't know what to think.
    Just out of curiousity, are you actually homeless O___O ?

(Original post by dfjr)
    nah my comment would still hold true even if you put the comma in between the words. Wouldn't make a difference in that sense, lol.
    I know , I realised just after I pressed the submit button.. oh well.

(Original post by xSkyFire)
    Just out of curiousity, are you actually homeless O___O ?
    Haha, no, I live about an hour's drive away from the city where I go to uni; I commute in every day. I perhaps might have managed to end up on one of my mates' floors or a couch if nothing else, but when I arrived at the club I had no idea where I was sleeping that night...

ReputationRep:
    Haha, no, I live about an hour's drive away from the city where I go to uni; I commute in every day.
    Feeling your pain bruh.

ReputationRep:
    I know , I realised just after I pressed the submit button.. oh well.
    changed my answer and actually wrote a proper answer now :yep: Look back at the previous post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Care-Free)
    i think you did the right thing and probably gave that girl hope for the rest of the male race and a night that she'll remember for the right reasons

but yes we are impossible to understand, i feel sorry for men...if i was a man i would have gone gay a long time ago :P
    no you wouldnt. the boobs make up for it. always remember that. with boobs comes great power.

(Original post by dfjr)
    Hey, I just gave some relationship advice. Might be a first
    You sound like a natural, lol

I've tried the whole thinking about it for myself thing, but it makes no sense to me. I've been thinking about it pretty much all the time wondering what if i'd done this and what if i'd said that... my head hurts. I just want someone not emotionally confused by the whole thing to honestly tell me what they think, I might even end up disagreeing completely.

But thanks for your post, I do appreciate any comments (within reason haha).

ReputationRep:
    I did the exact same thing in my first of uni, we stayed up all night eating strawberry millions, watching a dvd with the lights out...

film finished we curled up to sleep, I was just really sexually naive!

we then went on to be great friends throughout the rest of uni and I'm glad I didn't do anything as I saw the revolving door of men that was her sex life and she really hurt quite a few guys!

I was always there to hear she really thought of them and the rest of it and was glad that I wasn't another notch on her belt...It helped me mature loads just being in her company and I actually met loads more nicer girls through her...

you definitely missed your chance that night but if she likes having a male-friend who won't try it on she'll keep you around...unless she explicitly/blatantly wants to be physical again don't push it, she can turn out to be a really good friend you'll learn loads from

ReputationRep:
    They are beyond me also.

ReputationRep:
    She thought you were gay. Seriously, there is no other explanation. A girl doesn't invite a guy she's only just met into her bed and not expect something to happen.

If you haven't heard from her in a couple of days, send her a text..

ReputationRep:
    aww thats so cute of you

every guy here should be taking notes

ReputationRep:
    that is cool dude.

did she get your number ?

(Original post by thenuts)
    that is cool dude.

did she get your number ?
    Yes she did. She was really cool about the whole thing and it really felt special and nice, more than just some random screw to spend the night with, Idk if anything more will happen, but I hope so.. I REALLY like her. A LOT more than I want to have sex with her. So it means something to me to stay faithful and be with her, but being with her is still a bit surreal, Idk if it'll actually happen, but worst ase scenario, she doesnt talk to me again, surely can't be that bad.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.