Turn on thread page Beta

Nerves cause stomach upset watch

ReputationRep:
    When we were animals and we needed to run away, fast, we had to empty ourselves to become lighter and thus run faster. Nerves or fear still kick us into 'flight' mode so we still get these instincts.

(Original post by Broderss)
    When we were animals and we needed to run away, fast, we had to empty ourselves to become lighter and thus run faster. Nerves or fear still kick us into 'flight' mode so we still get these instincts.
    Yeh thats what i got told at CBT and like some others have said thats normal, i dont think IBS is right in this context as its only with nerves not other times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know like getting it over going somewhere new isnt normal (am taking anti anxiety meds and working on these areas) but like for exams/big job interviews? Then to be fine when youve got there and doing it (though obviously still somewhat nervous) and completely unstressed afterwards?
    I suppose it could be normal but I don't know. I'm just comparing it to me and everyone else I know who don't get it at all. But then I suppose some people throw up instead.

My IBS is caused by nerves, food/drink, changes in the weather etc.

i don't get diarrhoea, but i need the toilet :o: when i am somewhat nervous, like when i'm running late. :cry:
    It's horrible

ReputationRep:
    Really is it normal, like have you had it before other than that time? I know mines worse cos i have panic attacks for things not as nerve wracking as they should be but i though the actual whole 'dodgy stomach' thing was abnormal.
    If you normally have panic attacks for nerve-wracking things, it may cause you to have an upset stomach. I'm no doctor/psychologist (yet.. :ninja:) but everyone knows nerves affect people in different ways. Maybe try not to think about it too much, and just be focused on what you're doing - changing your mindset might help you physically!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.