Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I find this vaguely amusing. I imagine the person who created the ban had some difficult valentines day experiences before :P

If it gets in the way of the learning then the school might as well ban it really, I mean it is especially arbitrary in primary school.

ReputationRep:
    Primary school kids aren't ready for boyfriends/girlfriends at that age but I doubt a few pieces of paper with hearts on them means two kids are actually in a relationship. It's harmless fun really.

Although kids are growing up too fast.

ReputationRep:
    Meh. I've heard worse ideas.

I don't know why people fly off the handle and say THIS IS A VIOLATION OF CIVIL LIBERTIES!!

I just think 'hey, if it helps, why not give it a go and see if it works. school is a place to learn after all'.

ReputationRep:
    saddo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    :facepalm: I don't believe it. How "OK" you're doing remains to be seen.

I'll start with the obvious fail. It was you who accused me of exaddurating with "the whole educational system". I never accused you of exaddurating so im not sure where your idiotic "Second, you are in no position to tell me whether I was exaggerating or not" comment comes from...
    I actually facepalmed reading this. You are more spectacularly stupid than I thought, so I'll explain slowly: I said primary school was just for basic skills like adding up, whereas you

I suppose the reason your SATs were omitted was because you didn't pass?
    See Rucklo's post. Ahahahahahahahaha.

I'm not suggesting a consensus. I am highlighting the established system. The educational system. It is unified and is standardised across the nation. This is why you fail.
    You said "the whole educational system disagrees" [with me]. That is suggesting a concensus. Don't you get sick of lying, being an idiot and being a ****** pussy?

With all that to keep you busy I'm not surprised you don't have a real education and have to put KS2 SATS on your CV.

ReputationRep:
    Of course they aren't mature enough to have a proper relationship, but it's just a bit of fun! No one at my school got upset because they didn't get a valentines card, and when people got "dumped" they got over it within 2 minutes. It hasn't damaged anyone so far, so what's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    It is rather stupid. Albeit I don't really bother with Valentine's day - never had the time to do so - plus my parents just constantly embarrass me.

ReputationRep:
    There are far more traumatic things that go on in schools than not getting a valentines card.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it's just a ploy to stop the angst which will obviously occur when some people receive cards and some do not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    You put your SATs on your CV?

Good ******* lord.
    I dont think i actually said that. You must have been a genius when it came to reading comprehension.

I dont think i actually said that. You must have been a genius when it came to reading comprehension.
    He listed what he would put on his CV.

You said why did you exclude SATS.

So you are a fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    I actually facepalmed reading this. You are more spectacularly stupid than I thought, so I'll explain slowly: I said primary school was just for basic skills like adding up, whereas you
    I like it. Very Coherent. If you are going to argue, at least try doing it in whole sentences. Either that or i totally fail and writing in whole sentences is just for idiot ****** pussies...

Well in that case, i think that

See Rucklo's post. Ahahahahahahahaha.

You said "the whole educational system disagrees" [with me]. That is suggesting a concensus. Don't you get sick of lying, being an idiot and being a ****** pussy?
    Look. It is a fact that the educational system disagrees with your assessment of school being "just for learning basic skills for later in life". This is proven when they all share a national curiculum. If they thought that there was nothing important to teach and that primary school was just groundwork, then there would be no curiculum.

With all that to keep you busy I'm not surprised you don't have a real education and have to put KS2 SATS on your CV.
    I never said that...

Oh by the way, i love how you are still ignoring the post in which i pointed out that you totally failed with that bull hyperbole argument...

ReputationRep:
    I personally think that its not a bad idea at all.
    If we are looking to protect children why not bubble wrap them?

Rejection is part of growing up, stop trying to prevent things happening to children! Damn you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    If we are looking to protect children why not bubble wrap them?

Rejection is part of growing up, stop trying to prevent things happening to children! Damn you.
    Because they would suffocate? :p:

ReputationRep:

So you are a fail.
    I never asked him why he excluded SATS.

Need i mention reading comprehension again?

I never asked him why he excluded SATS.

Need i mention reading comprehension again?
    You just failed at reading, so mention it to yourself, I never said anything about you asking him to tell you.

ReputationRep:
    Because they would suffocate?
    I am being entirely serious here. You want to protect children from rejection though they need rejection. Bubble wrapping children from the world only causes greater problems in the future.

One clear example is being insulted. I know many teenagers in college who get very upset at insults. I find it utterly hilarious how people can be so pathetically sensitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I am being entirely serious here. You want to protect children from rejection though they need rejection. Bubble wrapping children from the world only causes greater problems in the future.

One clear example is being insulted. I know many teenagers in college who get very upset at insults. I find it utterly hilarious how people can be so pathetically sensitive.
    A fair point, but i hardly see how banning a disruptive event from primary schools constitutes as bubble wrapping.

ReputationRep:

So you are a fail.
    I bolded it to make it extra easy for you.

I bolded it to make it extra easy for you.
    You stated that it was to do with him failing them.

Bye bye.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.