Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    A fair point, but i hardly see how banning a disruptive event from primary schools constitutes as bubble wrapping.
    You have just changed your argument.
    You originally focused on the emotional rejection which can be seen in your first comment:

Valentine's Day creates a potentially awkward social situation for kids and, lets face it, kids can be very mean and 'tact' isn't really something they have developed. Kids that young don't need to be worrying about relationships and getting dumped, or worrying about what might happen if no-one gives them a card.

Those social situations are beneficial to children in the long run.
    Children need to be at least acquainted with difficult situations, harsh comments, bullying and various other problematic social situations.

If you bubble wrap children, you create huge problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    You stated that it was to do with him failing them.

Bye bye.
    Yes i did. I never asked him anything as you suggested. You fail.

Cya.

Yes i did. I never asked him anything as you suggested. You fail.

Cya.
    No wonder you were rejected from Cambridge tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    You have just changed your argument.
    You originally focused on the emotional rejection which can be seen in your first comment:

Valentine's Day creates a potentially awkward social situation for kids and, lets face it, kids can be very mean and 'tact' isn't really something they have developed. Kids that young don't need to be worrying about relationships and getting dumped, or worrying about what might happen if no-one gives them a card.

Those social situations are beneficial to children in the long run.
    Children need to be at least acquainted with difficult situations, harsh comments, bullying and various other problematic social situations.

If you bubble wrap children, you create huge problems.
    I haven't changed my argument, i was just developing a different side to it. If VD was purely about the awkward situation, then sure - it would be bubble wrapping, but there is also the aspect of the disruption of school and the teachers right to take reasonable steps to maintain order to take into account here.

I agree with you to an extent. I don't agree that children need to be acquainted with difficult situations to the extent of bullying though. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger is not always true. Sometimes what doesn't kill us just hurts for a long time, until we can get over it and get back to where we were before.

ReputationRep:
    No wonder you were rejected from Cambridge tbh.
    I never applied to Cambridge tbh.

You should really stop posting now, the fail is just piling up.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you to an extent. I don't agree that children need to be acquainted with difficult situations to the extent of bullying though. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger is not always true. Sometimes what doesn't kill us just hurts for a long time, until we can get over it and get back to where we were before.
    Why not? You get bullying throughout your whole life, why protect the children from it?

I never applied to Cambridge tbh.

You should really stop posting now, the fail is just piling up.
    Oh so you lie on the internet about where you apply?

Yeah I am the one failing...

ReputationRep:
    Oh so you lie on the internet about where you apply?

Yeah I am the one failing...
    And where did i say that? You really fail at reading.

My spoiler clearly says that i applied to Oxford, Nottingham, Birmingham and Imperial.

In case you are really that retarded, Oxford and Cambridge are not the same place.

And where did i say that? You really fail at reading.

My spoiler clearly says that i applied to Oxford, Nottingham, Birmingham and Imperial.

In case you are really that retarded, Oxford and Cambridge are not the same place.
    Same ****, and my point doesn't change.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? You get bullying throughout your whole life, why protect the children from it?
    Do you? I've never been bullied. I'm not sure that you can make the assertion that you get bullying throughout your whole life.

And you should protect children from bullying as it stunts their development causing them to be withdrawn. They are impressionable and could easily be led to believe that they are worthless and deserve everything they get. They are not yet emotionally mature enough to cope with bullying, brushing it off in the same way that you or I might.

ReputationRep:
    Same ****, and my point doesn't change.
    Wow you really were that retarded. No, its not the same thing. That was quite an impressive fail of an insult. You should be proud.

Wow you really were that retarded. No, its not the same thing.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Do you? I've never been bullied. I'm not sure that you can make the assertion that you get bullying throughout your whole life.

And you should protect children from bullying as it stunts their development causing them to be withdrawn. They are impressionable and could easily be led to believe that they are worthless and deserve everything they get. They are not yet emotionally mature enough to cope with bullying, brushing it off in the same way that you or I might.
    You think so?

Many people are bullied because they have a feature which makes them different from the bullies. Like many, I had a different feature which was ginger hair.

However, unlike others, being bullied didn't affect me at all. I didn't give a crap because my mother brought me up used to being insulted for ginger hair.

Frankly, what the bullies; if you can call them that, tried to do was pathetic...

I speak from experience when I say, if people are used to it, it doesn't affect them as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    OP u knoe how i knoe ur ugly?

(In b4 nerdy spouting of "OMFG Ad hominemzzz")
    That's not an ad hominem argument, don't flatter yourself. Its just a rhetorical question that has no relevence here whatsoever as it is not in context.

Thanks though.

(FluxD, u Knoe hOw i KnoE ur Sto0piD?)

ReputationRep:
    The emotional trauma?

Nobody is traumatised because Becky gets 2 more cards than them.

ReputationRep:
    You think so?

Many people are bullied because they have a feature which makes them different from the bullies. Like many, I had a different feature which was ginger hair.

However, unlike others, being bullied didn't affect me at all. I didn't give a crap because my mother brought me up used to being insulted for ginger hair.

Frankly, what the bullies; if you can call them that, tried to do was pathetic...

I speak from experience when I say, if people are used to it, it doesn't affect them as much.
    Well i guess that being Ginger, your experience of bullying was quite different from the average person - you were an easy target for obvious bullying. Its nice to know that you took it well and still developed.

However, huge organisations like Childline make it their business to support victims of bullying as they have witnessed it to be devastating in some people.

And wasn't there that case on the news about 3 weeks ago regarding the sentence of two teenage girls who bullied another girl so much that she jumped out of a window and died?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    The emotional trauma?

Hmm, but thats just speculation now isn't it?

Also, maybe someone would be traumatised because everyone else in the class (including Becky) got cards and they didn't? Or maybe one child really really really wanted a card from Becky and didn't get one? Or maybe a child gave a card to Becky and got humiliatingly shot down infront of 20 odd peers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    The emotional trauma?

Yeah she's probably a **** anyway. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Well i guess that being Ginger, your experience of bullying was quite different from the average person - you were an easy target for obvious bullying. Its nice to know that you took it well and still developed.

However, huge organisations like Childline make it their business to support victims of bullying as they have witnessed it to be devastating in some people.

And wasn't there that case on the news about 3 weeks ago regarding the sentence of two teenage girls who bullied another girl so much that she jumped out of a window and died?
    Let me clarify that in regards to bullying I of course only meant verbal (neither deeply emotional nor physical).

The reason some people are so susceptible to bullying is because they have been bubble wrapped. Some bullying is good, the same as some dirt and some physical injuries are.

Of course if it enters the realms of physical or emotional bullying that is a different matter. But general verbal bullying does not harm and helps children; in my view.

What I have always tried to install in my cousins is that if you are verbally insulted merely laugh it off or ignore it.

ReputationRep:
    Let me clarify that in regards to bullying I of course only meant verbal (neither deeply emotional nor physical).

The reason some people are so susceptible to bullying is because they have been bubble wrapped. Some bullying is good, the same as some dirt and some physical injuries are.

Of course if it enters the realms of physical or emotional bullying that is a different matter. But general verbal bullying does not harm and helps children; in my view.

What I have always tried to install in my cousins is that if you are verbally insulted merely laugh it off or ignore it.
    Verbal can be deeply emotional. In fact the girl that jumped was verbally bullied. I think that what you are talking about is more teasing than bullying. Its very different.

Which physical injuries are beneficial btw?

I disagree completely that some bullying is good. I've never been bullied. Should i be worried? Should i find someone to bully me so that i can be a better person? Am i worse off for not being bullied?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.