Turn on thread page Beta

lump in me armpit, 2, my boyfriend watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i don't think she said she slept with them, just that she did 'more than kissing'..that could mean any thing and it's not really fair to jump to any conclusions about her. And anyway we're not really in a position to judge whether or not these guys were 'just anybody' or people who she actually fancied or whatever.

And even if they were just randoms it's not really fair to judge her for it. Personally i'm not the kind of person to fool around with just anybody and wouldn't like to be with someone who has the attitude that it's ok to do that, but as you said it's an immature attitude so if i was with someone who had those kind of experiences in his past i would think i could accept that was his past and he'd hopefully grown out of it.

If her bf can't accept her past maybe it's just him being immature and insecure.
    they wernt random ppl i knew them and did fanci them. and obviously i regret it now, but they were like a year ago (we went out for 6months, yes hes an ex now he broke up with me) but i hadnt even met him then and so didnt know anything was going to happen with him. thats why i didnt think it was fair. it didnt mean anything it was just a bit of fun but its hard explainin that to him. i didnt sleep with them, just fooled around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    1) If the lump is still there when you get back from holiday, go to the doctor's.

2) No one needs a guy like that. Talk to him and tell him that you're mature enough and faithful enough to control yourself. You pulled those guys because you were single at the time, but that was then and this is now. Tell it like it is, and give him one opportunity to change his mind. If he doesn't, it's his loss.
    its not that easy!! he has made his decision he broke up with me. its me doing the running after him, im the one stil in love with him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    i don't think she said she slept with them, just that she did 'more than kissing'..that could mean any thing and it's not really fair to jump to any conclusions about her. And anyway we're not really in a position to judge whether or not these guys were 'just anybody' or people who she actually fancied or whatever.

And even if they were just randoms it's not really fair to judge her for it. Personally i'm not the kind of person to fool around with just anybody and wouldn't like to be with someone who has the attitude that it's ok to do that, but as you said it's an immature attitude so if i was with someone who had those kind of experiences in his past i would think i could accept that was his past and he'd hopefully grown out of it.

If her bf can't accept her past maybe it's just him being immature and insecure.
    You seem to think that a guy who has feelings has some logical way of thinking. You're truly mistaken if you think that way. I've noticed that a lot of girls in love, see things more clearly and weigh the importance of things much better.
    A guy who's just in a casual relationship is a different matter. Maybe if he didn't have any feelings, he wouldn't be so bothered.
    It's hard to understand this mentality as a guy, until you've had strong feelings for someone.

I've been there. Sure you "accept" the past. You do everything you can to accept it. But most guys don't think as logically and mathematically as girls do in relationships. It's not a matter of whether it was before, during, after. It happened! He now has this image of his girlfriend having been with his friends and he knows his friends in their mind are thinking "haha, I've been with my mate's girlfriend" before. It takes away a certain value of the relationship.

And whatever "more than a kiss" means, it probably means something sexual. Whether it was full on sex or not, doesn't change anything. It's about being intimate, not about which base they reached.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice2411)
    its not that easy!! he has made his decision he broke up with me. its me doing the running after him, im the one stil in love with him
    Don't run after him. It will screw you up. He doesn't deserve your love, and if he loved you back, he wouldn't have broken up with you over something so trivial.

Even if you did get back, it would be a one sided relationship with someone who just wasn't that into you, and you'd always be scared of it happening again.

Maybe he just wanted an excuse to break up with you, and thought of the only thing that he could make into a reason. When my boyfriend broke up with me, he said he just didn't feel the same any more. It's not a very good reason, but at least it's the truth.

Your ex sounds like a nasty piece of work.

PS - you don't want to be friends with him either. You're just deluding yourself that if you stay "friends" with him, he'll want you back. But a platonic relationship with this guy is not what you want.

Please hon, find yourself a genuinely nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=SamTheMan]

I've been there. Sure you "accept" the past. You do everything you can to accept it. But most guys don't think as logically and mathematically as girls do in relationships. It's not a matter of whether it was before, during, after. It happened! He now has this image of his girlfriend having been with his friends and he knows his friends in their mind are thinking "haha, I've been with my mate's girlfriend" before. It takes away a certain value of the relationship.[QUOTE]

thats exactly wat he said, he said his friend would be able to think that. o wel

ReputationRep:
    Don't run after him. It will screw you up. He doesn't deserve your love, and if he loved you back, he wouldn't have broken up with you over something so trivial.

Even if you did get back, it would be a one sided relationship with someone who just wasn't that into you, and you'd always be scared of it happening again.

Maybe he just wanted an excuse to break up with you, and thought of the only thing that he could make into a reason. When my boyfriend broke up with me, he said he just didn't feel the same any more. It's not a very good reason, but at least it's the truth.

Your ex sounds like a nasty piece of work.

PS - you don't want to be friends with him either. You're just deluding yourself that if you stay "friends" with him, he'll want you back. But a platonic relationship with this guy is not what you want.

Please hon, find yourself a genuinely nice guy.
    no hes not hes lovely. he is the best guy il ever have, i want to marry him 4 christs sake!
    its not the only reason, theres my holiday. but that wil b over in 3 weeks so im hopeing he will feel better then

ReputationRep:
    Its more than likely that the bumps are in grown hairs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice2411)
    no hes not hes lovely. he is the best guy il ever have, i want to marry him 4 christs sake!
    its not the only reason, theres my holiday. but that wil b over in 3 weeks so im hopeing he will feel better then
    He is not lovely. If he really is the best guy you'll ever have, you're in big trouble. A nice guy would not break up with you for this reason. If he's breaking up with you for another reason, he's being dishonest too.

So he's either pathetic or dishonest. You can do so much better.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Alice2411][QUOTE=SamTheMan]

I've been there. Sure you "accept" the past. You do everything you can to accept it. But most guys don't think as logically and mathematically as girls do in relationships. It's not a matter of whether it was before, during, after. It happened! He now has this image of his girlfriend having been with his friends and he knows his friends in their mind are thinking "haha, I've been with my mate's girlfriend" before. It takes away a certain value of the relationship.

thats exactly wat he said, he said his friend would be able to think that. o wel
    I'm not surprised he said that, since I've been in the same situation with a girl I cared about a lot (I travelled across the Atlantic hoping to be with her). I know what it's like. Luckily it wasn't one of my friends but still it pissed me off.

We had other issues making our relationship difficult (distance being one thing) so maybe, I hope for you, that he'll find it easier to get over this. You said you're going on holiday where you often pull guys. The best thing you could do is make sure you don't pull anyone, maybe try to call him once in a while. Show him that all that matters is him. Whatever you do, don't adopt the typical "I hooked up with loads of random guys because I was so upset about breaking up" attitude. It really makes things a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    your all a bit manky, fooling about, i mean is a grope (spelling?) and a poke really worth messing it up, maybe you might realise whilst your doing these pointless things that your future love might be slightly disgusted by that. wouldnt it be safer to just not do that. you cant have cared for these other people to much else you would want to be with them, so why jepordise future love just for the sake of copping a feel. have some dignity for pete's sake

ReputationRep:
    He is not lovely. If he really is the best guy you'll ever have, you're in big trouble. A nice guy would not break up with you for this reason. If he's breaking up with you for another reason, he's being dishonest too.

Katie, stop thinking that guys think logically like you girls do! We don't. I'm a guy and totally understand his attitude. If he had less feelings for her, he would probably find it easier to get over it.

The past matters a lot more for a guy. Although, in most cases, using a Hollywood movie to illustrate your point is a bit ridiculous, I think Chasing Amy really shows how guys feel about a girl's past. It really is spot on.

ReputationRep:
    "Katie, stop thinking that guys think logically like you girls do!"

hahahaha you mixed up the words logically and emotionally

ReputationRep:
    Yes well some guys are logical. If we date sensible, mature, well-grounded men and stop giving the idiots the time of day, they might find they have to start using the intelligence which they supposedly have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tktaylor6)
    your all a bit manky, fooling about, i mean is a grope (spelling?) and a poke really worth messing it up, maybe you might realise whilst your doing these pointless things that your future love might be slightly disgusted by that. wouldnt it be safer to just not do that. you cant have cared for these other people to much else you would want to be with them, so why jepordise future love just for the sake of copping a feel. have some dignity for pete's sake

but u could say that about anything??? the guys i fooled around with could have been my future love, whos to know these things UNLESS u know the future! what a ridiculous comment to make. and it aint makin me feel any better either. i did these things BEFORE id even met him, how would i kno id fall in love with one of their friends???? i didnt.

ReputationRep:
    logical subject- physics (yes i do physics)
    my physics class has like 2 girls. maths with the lectures on, yes you guessed it 'logic' have very few girls

ReputationRep:

he is he was wonderful in our relationship so romantic and i felt so loved, but over the 6 months as my holiday came nearer and nearer. after we came back from our own holiday, it was like a ticking time bomb until i went on holiday. that and the fact iv pulled his mates, added together was too much for him, he didnt like the fact that his friends could say 'yeah iv pulled his girlfriend'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tktaylor6)
    logical subject- physics (yes i do physics)
    my physics class has like 2 girls. maths with the lectures on, yes you guessed it 'logic' have very few girls
    wel i go to an all girls scool and around 60 students in the year do physics INCLUDING ME.

ReputationRep:
    that school must have half of the UK attending :P

ReputationRep:
    im only jokign girl who does physics = nuff respect

ReputationRep:
    and when i go on holiday im not gona pull anyone, i dont want to and i couldnt physically actually kiss or do anything with anyone else that isnt him. physically impossible i would throw up.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.