Turn on thread page Beta

Egypt soccer boss: I'd rather starve than coach Israelis watch

ReputationRep:
    He shouldn't be acting and saying things like this in my opinion. He is known as a hero and a role model to some people in Egypt and this is unacceptable. If a well-known Arab player said this he would get banned because it is discrimination or what some would called racism. I love that he is honest but he needs to set an example and not add fuel to the fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    this guy makes the bnp look like a bunch of pansies :p:
    What I find pathetic of British lefties is they'll have a lynch mob out for the BNP, yet give generalising racists like this a pat on the back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin02)
    you must be sleeping. its time to wake up mate.

hints : NWO , Illuminati/Michael Jackson search it !
    I lol'd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KvBhasgotabigwilly)
    If a well-known Arab player said this he would get banned because it is discrimination or what some would called racism. I love that he is honest but he needs to set an example and not add fuel to the fire.
    As far as Arab countries are concerned, he's setting the perfect example. You can say WTF you like about Jews in Arab countries, they really do not like them.

ReputationRep:
    LOL israel got some major boyage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right>Left)
    I lol'd
    spread the message ! when ur ready !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vn8cVoK70M watch this very interesting mate.

ReputationRep:
    This guys skills as a manager is without question...its amazing. At least he was honest about Israel. He has his reasons and they are legit...
    I hope people arent making a fuss out of this lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak56)
    What I find pathetic of British lefties is they'll have a lynch mob out for the BNP, yet give generalising racists like this a pat on the back.
    i suppose it would be pathetic, yes.

if i was a british leftie :p:

ReputationRep:
    He continued: "How can these Zionists think that I would take on the task of coaching a side that includes murderers of children and pensioners? How could I work to help a team that represents a nation of occupiers?"
    Can't fault that. :yy:

Good for him having the balls to step up and speak out against what he things is disgusting and wrong. :yes:

(Original post by tom//)
    is he still bitter about israel kicking their arse in a real war?
    He's quite obviously referring to the Gaza massacre last year, was that a 'real war' against Egypt? :wtf: Because I thought it was the indiscriminate Israeli bombing of "Hamas sites" in the Gaza strip.

And on a different note, I knew he was a worthy coach even when his position looked unsteady. It certainly paid off for Egypt to stick with him after their third consecutive victory of the African Cup. Well done is all I have to say to that.

ReputationRep:
    Kudos to him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doyle&TheFourFathers)
    this guy makes the bnp look like a bunch of pansies :p:
    The BNP are a bunch of pansies...

ReputationRep:
    He shouldn't be acting and saying things like this in my opinion. He is known as a hero and a role model to some people in Egypt and this is unacceptable. If a well-known Arab player said this he would get banned because it is discrimination or what some would called racism. I love that he is honest but he needs to set an example and not add fuel to the fire.

Lol at thinking Egyptians will see him as less of a role model now

ReputationRep:
    Soccer? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak56)
    As far as Arab countries are concerned, he's setting the perfect example. You can say WTF you like about Jews in Arab countries, they really do not like them.
    I'm not saying anything about Jews or Arab countries, I'm saying that some kid from Egypt has probably read that statement and started hating Israel because his hero just said he hates Israel too and nobody can honestly say that's a good thing and he has set a good example. I'm not trying to say that Israel are setting a good example to their children either but the message of hate needs to stopped and it needs to start coming from influential people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limon Fanta)
    Lol at thinking Egyptians will see him as less of a role model now
    I don't even know what to say to you tbh, really just read my post again and then you can pm me with your apology because at not one point did I ever imply that Egypt would see him as less of a role model. You ******* retarded noob, tryna be clever.

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know what to say to you tbh, really just read my post again and then you can pm me with your apology because at not one point did I ever imply that Egypt would see him as less of a role model. You ******* retarded noob, tryna be clever.
    Dear Sir

Swearing is not tolorated in my thread.

Thank You.

ReputationRep:
    lol, what a statement.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Sir

Swearing is not tolorated in my thread.

Thank You.
    **** off you smug ****. why do you have to try and be clever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    "Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and in-human to impose the Jews on the Arabs... Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home. It is wrong to enter it under the shadow of the British gun."
    Get out of London then. Now, hypocritical little trolls out of the way...

If he had said that he had private reasons for not wanting to coach the Israeli team then you could respect him on some level. What he did however was mix sports and politics. I have to wonder how he would feel if European teams refused to play him on the basis of representing a quasi-dictatorship?

Let sport be sport.

ReputationRep:
    **** off you smug ****. why do you have to try and be clever
    Get laid or face the truth !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.