Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Channel 4 Comedy Gala - March 30th watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty similar to The Secret Policeman's Ball, that comes on pretty soonish after it is filmed.
    The upside is you never know how much they are gonna cut out for tv, you usually get to see the best (read: rudest) bits that then get cut out.

ReputationRep:
    This is impossible! I am still trying to find someone to go with. All I'm asking for is to be picked up/ dropped back in exchange for a free ticket in a good section!

Ugh, at this rate I may not end up going

ReputationRep:
    Lol i am now thinking i'll get there and 2 random people will be sat in my seats! My tickets got lost in the post :/

I'm trying to find the finish time, but doooofus' at Ticketmaster 'don't know'!! huh! lol!

ReputationRep:
    Like I said Kidders, it won't be later than quarter to 11, never later than the last tube.

What I have been told is they know the barcode on your tickets and that gets cancelled as soon as you say they are lost, then the new ones have a new barcode that lets you get in. But there may well be people in your seats, I have had that loads of times, just ask them to move, usually its people who struggle with the alphabet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super_girl)
    Like I said Kidders, it won't be later than quarter to 11, never later than the last tube.

What I have been told is they know the barcode on your tickets and that gets cancelled as soon as you say they are lost, then the new ones have a new barcode that lets you get in. But there may well be people in your seats, I have had that loads of times, just ask them to move, usually its people who struggle with the alphabet!
    hahaha that is awesome

The worry over the finish time was mainly due to my main train back home. The tubes run late into the night, but i think my last train home is before midnight on a weekday :o:

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, the number of people I have seen walk all the way down the front before walking back to about row S or something, how on earth they thought it would be down the front, I have no idea.

I've never gotten stuck, gotten the last train yes, but never missed it. Just make sure that when it ends you get up and leave, do a bit of a brisk walk to the tube station, know which way you are going so you don't end up on the wrong platform and get on the first tube even if you do have to do a bit of pushing!
    So if you are heading for a South East train then you should be fine and I've done it from front row standing to tube to London Bridge and train to Kent.

I don't know if they will do some kinda encore type thing, but the trick is if the house lights come up then no amount of clapping and cheering will make them come back and do more jokes so you can leave then, if they stay down then there will be more so don't leave unless you really do think you will miss your train!

ReputationRep:
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH I DESPISE TICKETMASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been on hold for 15 mins waiting to speak to someone about my tickets that haven't arrived for tomorrow's event!! I hate them so much. swear swear swear, punch, kick, punch

ReputationRep:
    Oh no thats not good! Did you get through in the end?

Just was writing to say I got this email with this info in it:
    Doors: 18:00
    Show commences: 19:30
    Finish: 22:30

Hope that makes you feel better Kidders!

ReputationRep:
    its tomorrow!!! wooooop can't wait!! and yeah cos i had to leave ealry from the snow patrol did i went to last year me and my friend decided we're just gonna stay in a hotel nearby afterwards.... then we're gonna see Les Mis in the afternoon... and omg!! front row seats for les mis!!

ReputationRep:
    wooppp its in like a couple of hours i'm just in the hotel room now waiting

ReputationRep:
    Loved it! Apart from Lee Evans, seriously does that man have no new jokes???

Where was Omid Djalili? They didn't even mention that one of their 'headliners' wasn't there!

ReputationRep:
    I HATE YOU ALL!!! (not really!) My main reason for not going was lack of pennies

I really hope they don't go crazy cutting stuff out. Jason Manford mentioned on his Twitter that it might go on DVD, so if they cut loads out I'll buy that

Someone will have to tell me if they cut loads out on Monday! Did Lee Evans just do the same old jokes? Bleeeeh!

ReputationRep:
    It's out on DVD on 26th April or somewhere around there, they were really pushing it at the show.

Lee Evans' set was literally 15 minutes of his last tour including all the getting to o2 jokes he did when I saw him last year there!

ReputationRep:
    Was Lee Evans the last act? We had to leave during his 'musical' bit due to last train issues! Tbh not overly bothered about missing him as he is never that funny. Michael McIntyre (sp!?) Was amazing, by far the highlight for me!! A lot of the comedians repeated material but no biggie!

What were your opinions on the Katie Price Alex Reed appearance. Deffinitely never felt so awkward ever! all that booing *cringe* lol! He is an idiot though... we're here to present an award!!! LOSER!

Also found all the 'no we have to do this bit for tv' really funny. Although the VTs were semi ****!

ReputationRep:
    TBH I could have done without the VTs. I have no idea what the Pricey/Reidy thing was about, did you hear him ask her if she was ok as he walked off and didn't realise that his mic was still on!

Some repeated material is fine, Michael did amazing stuff the majority was new/ Alex 'I can't' Reid related!

Yep Lee Evans was the last act, finished with them giving him a life time achievement award, and him going on about how hard it is to be a comedian, which annoyed me a bit after we spent the entire night clapping for sick kids, I expect they have it a bit harder than you Mr Evans!

I think the Lee Evans thing annoyed me so much because he was the last act and I had heard it all before and actually didn't laugh once, me and my boyfriend left about 5 minutes from the end so we could get out of the car park easier but all we could hear on the way out was Lee Evans going on about how hard it is to be him.

ReputationRep:
    TBH I could have done without the VTs. I have no idea what the Pricey/Reidy thing was about, did you hear him ask her if she was ok as he walked off and didn't realise that his mic was still on!

Some repeated material is fine, Michael did amazing stuff the majority was new/ Alex 'I can't' Reid related!

Yep Lee Evans was the last act, finished with them giving him a life time achievement award, and him going on about how hard it is to be a comedian, which annoyed me a bit after we spent the entire night clapping for sick kids, I expect they have it a bit harder than you Mr Evans!

I think the Lee Evans thing annoyed me so much because he was the last act and I had heard it all before and actually didn't laugh once, me and my boyfriend left about 5 minutes from the end so we could get out of the car park easier but all we could hear on the way out was Lee Evans going on about how hard it is to be him.

super glad i didn't miss my train for that Wonder how much will be editied out for the TV? Guessing quite a lot as they only have a 2 hr slot on Monday night and with the ad breaks every 20/25 mins a lot of material will need axing. Here's hoping the Lee Evans bit takes up the majority of the run time to make our tickets even more worth while!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was awsome!!

(Original post by Kidders)
    What were your opinions on the Katie Price Alex Reed appearance. Deffinitely never felt so awkward ever! all that booing *cringe*
    I loved that bit!! I was defo one the people booooing and couldn't stop laughing during that

Michael did amazing stuff the majority was new/ Alex 'I can't' Reid related!
    Yeah Michael Mcintyre was defo my fav bit...

ReputationRep:
    tis on now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.