Turn on thread page Beta

GIRLS, Do hair extensions damage and stop your hair and stop it from growing? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday when I was about to purchase new hair clip extensions after three years of using them .. I decided to stop using them and take care of my own hair.. I was so addicted to my clip extensions .. I wouldn't go out or let anyone to see me without them… My hair was getting thinner … way more than it actually is…. I love my hair now.. looks like Victoria Beckam's hair.. it feels healthy and i know with time it will look much better … I would recommend to stop now and take care of your own hair… short hair can be super sexy … hair doesn't define who you are! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    hey
    had the same problem similar, but not the same

well, i had quite long hair but thin, so i put in 1 clip in extension but my hair was other 2 days was a least 3 inches shorter, i starighten my hair to see how long it was actually
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    i will never ever in a million year wear extension even clip in
    the ruin you hair

also for really apprecite if you tell me how to get your hair longer

THANKSxxxx
    L.C.B

ReputationRep:
    You could use avoid during heat-styling tools, and make sure to condition and detangle ur hair and massage your scalp to help your hair, I don’t have ur hair like urs cuz I have natural African hair.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Girl.

Have you considered tiny i-tip micro bonded hair extensions? The method that we offer is completely undetectable and is completely safe for the hair.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tantrum Hair)
    Hey Girl.

Have you considered tiny i-tip micro bonded hair extensions? The method that we offer is completely undetectable and is completely safe for the hair.

xxx
    This thread is from 2010
    She is dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _InnocentOne_)
    This thread is from 2010
    She is dead
    people are still replying. xx

ReputationRep:
    Why wear extensions? Just embrace your natural hair girl ! They’re gonna grow back on their own,just take some hair supplements eat a good balanced diet , use a nice shampoo conditioner ,and apply oil preferably (coconut or avocado )to your hair atleast once in two weeks this surely helps in hair growth!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomorrowstudent)
    Why wear extensions? Just embrace your natural hair girl ! They’re gonna grow back on their own,just take some hair supplements eat a good balanced diet , use a nice shampoo conditioner ,and apply oil preferably (coconut or avocado )to your hair atleast once in two weeks this surely helps in hair growth!
    Life's too short for bad hair days girl ! Go live and get some hair extensions!

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I have curly hair and went to a Salon that straightens hair permanently with no chemicals only Keaton’s which make the hot shiney😁, it lasts for up to 4/5 months and you don’t need to use a straightener, if you do it’s literally for a few seconds as already straight, honestly this literally changed my life. A salon damaged my hair, and my hair is shoulder length now, after a year of straw damaged bleached hair it’s finally getting back to healthy soft hair, but it upsets me so much seeing my hair short. I’m thinking now, should I get extensions to put in, I’m currently using a hair extension hair grip I use over my pony tail, it works, just upsetting every night I take it out as think I look so ugly with short hair. Using this relaxer will work for you, as heat is a huge part to play with hair loss. Hope that helps ☺️👍

ReputationRep:
    has your hair fully grown back yet?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliciababes)
    Okay girls,
    I used to have really long hair (nearly up to my bum) but I hadn't had it cut in quite a while so it was quite damaged. But yeah I finally went to the hairdressers, asked for a trim where she promised to only take a bit of the length off. We was chatting away and when she said she was done half my hair had gone! :eek: she had chopped it off like up to my shoulders and I was so upset. So I went staight to the hair extension shop and brought some extensions the length my hair was and thought Id be fine and it would just grow back.

Now Im so confused because 8/9 months on, my hair was made no effort to grow. Im mixed race so naturally I have curly hair, which I used to like but now I Cant really wear it natural because it wont suit with the exstensions, and it just looks damaged in general now :/ But because Im wearing extensions I just wash it about once every 5 days ish, dry and straighten it on that day only, put my extension in then I just plait my hair at night so its wavy for the next day. I would of thought my hair would have grown loads because Im not hardly straightening it anymore, only roughly once a week really, but it just hasn't grown at all :/ I don't understand because Iv always had long hair, but since that silly hairdresser chopped it all off it hasnt really grown back.

Was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Anyone know if extensions (Clip in ones by the way) damage and stop your hair from growing? And any tips to make your hair grow faster?

I really would appreciate any feedback people can give because it just upsets me everytime I see my hair without exstensions, compared to what it used to be

Thanks x x
    heyy.. i hear so many stories about hairdressers cutting off more than the client wants.and its so unfair, not sure why they insist on getting more hair cut off.
    anyways, maybe the hair extensions are pulling on your scalp and affecting your hair growth by causing damage?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.